Twelve

"You understood Barbatus?" Grimshaw asks me again.

"Wait, what?" I ask dumbfounded by his question.

"No one can understand the demon but the one who summons them." Hector explains to me as he studies me intently.

"What? Then how-" I start to ask but stop as I couldn't seem to form the words. How did I understand that creature? It doesn't make sense.

"Have you summon that demon before?" Hector asks trying to figure me out.

"What? No! I've never done anything like this." I told them as I'm just as shocked as them.

"What did Barbatus say anyway Grim?" Hector asks changing the subject back to the current one.

Grimshaw doesn't reply as he continued to stare at me with intensity-filled eyes. I look away as I felt uncomfortable by this whole situation. If I wasn't supposed to understand that thing then why did I? This whole thing is just making me feel more like an outcast. I don't like it one bit, but seeing that monster felt almost familiar somehow. I know I never saw it before but somehow deep inside of me I feel like I've met one of them before. It doesn't make sense to me and maybe I'm just going insane from being in this strange school.

"Grim?" Hector asks snapping us both out of our thoughts.

"I'll explain back at the club room." Grimshaw says coldly before walking towards the door.

I tensed up when he walked by me but he didn't do anything but just walked by. I turn around watching him as he walked out of the room, followed by Moxie and the guy with no name. I stood there feeling conflicted as I wasn't sure if he wanted me to follow them or not. Can I go back to my room now? I thought almost hopefully. That small hope broke when Hector appears in front of me still with that newfound curiosity in his eyes.

"You coming, or do you rather want to stay in the ritual room?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"I'm coming." I said letting out a sigh as I follow him out but then asked, "Why do I need to come with you guys?"

"Well, now it's because we have to figure out how you understood Barbatus." Hector tells me nonchalantly.

"I honestly have no idea. I never summoned a monster or done dark magic. I'm not like you guys." I tell Hector seriously.

"No, you're definitely not but you are something else. You managed to get Grim to be amused by you, and you have Dubuik after you as well. Let's not forget that you can understand Barbatus, a demon. No one can understand demons unless you summon them yourself." Hector explains to me.

"I never meant to amuse Grimshaw, and I never asked Mr. Dubuik to come after me. I don't know why I understand that monster. Believe me, I rather have a normal life." I tell him with a huff.

"A normal life? What's so special about living a normal life?" Hector asks shaking his head disapproving.

"Well, for one I wouldn't have to be dealing with all of this." I tell him truthfully.

"Tell me something new girl, if you attended this school and lived a normal life. How long do you think you would've survived here?" Hector asks seriously.

"Are you saying I would've died the moment I started here?" I ask him a bit insulted.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. A new girl with red hair and blue eyes? That screams fresh and new and ready to be a target." Hector tells me a matter of fact.

"So, if I didn't have everyone stronger after me and have this stupid special blood. You all would've killed me instead of protecting me?" I ask him seriously.