Forty- One

I stumbled over my feet as I spun around as they slammed the cage door shut before locking it. I glared at them before glancing over at Vonik who's standing in another cage with his arms crossed. I noticed he's furious and annoyed, but he didn't break out. I'm not sure why, but I just look away from him before looking back towards Tynan and Mr. Dubuik. Tynan frowns at me as he turns away and leaves the area, but his father just gives me a smirk as he shook the bars before turning away. I ran up to the bars and just as Vonik yells at me, don't, I grabbed onto the bars. I instantly yelled out as I felt my hands burning, and I immediately let go as I backed away from the bars. Mr. Dubuik turns towards me with a laugh before he continues walking away. I glared at his retreating figure, and once he's out of sight I glanced down at my hands, which were burning red, and still smoking a little.
"I'm sorry Lonnie. I should've warned you sooner. They lanced the cage with holy water. We can't touch the bars." Vonik explains to me, upset.
"Are you kidding me?" I ask, hissing from the pain.
"They might need us now for th ritual, but they still don't trust us." Vonik tells me, looking around his cage, which he barley fits in.
"Yeah, I wonder why. You did just attack Mr. Dubuik, and even though they are dark users and are pretty much evil. They are still humans, which I'm unfortunately aren't." I say with a sigh.
"I'm sorry Lonnie. I know I'm not the ideal father you always wanted. You probably prefer your adopted father over me." Vonik says upset.
"I will not choose, so don't make me. Yes, I love and very much miss my adopted father. I grew up with him. I knew him. I don't know you. I didn't grow up with you, but that still doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you. You are my real dad after all, and yes, I never thought that I would be a demon or, well, half a demon. But maybe someday I can look past that, and I very much would like to get to know you." I explain to him as the pain subsided but not healed.
"I would love to get to know you too, Lonnie." Vonik says, smiling softly at me.
"Well, first things first. Should we try to get out of here?" I ask, looking around the cage I'm in.
"Unfortunately, there is no way out unless they let us out." Vonik says with a sigh.
"We can't wait that long. We have to get out now." I say, walking closer to the bars again, examining them.
"Lonnie, there is no other way but wait. Don't break free. You will burn from the holy water lanced bars." Vonik warns me.
"There's no other choice. They are going to do the ritual no matter what, and I still haven't figured out how I'm going to help my friend." I say, staring at the bars, and I can just smell the holy water lanced on them.
"Lonnie, don't do it." Vonik warns me again.
I ignored him this time as I grabbed the bars and tried to use Joz's strength and my demon strength to pry open these bars. I cry out in pain as the burning came back to my hands, and it got so bad that I can even feel my hands sizzling. I squeezed my eyes shut as I continue to pry open these bars, but I eventually couldn't handle the pain anymore as I let go of the bars fell back. I landed on the cold bottom of the cage and curled my burning hands into my chest as I tried to muffle the screams. Tears fell as I curl myself into a ball. I felt myself blacking out, and I tried desperately to keep my eyes open, but I couldn't fight it as my eyes soon close.

I slowly open my eyes, still feeling pain in my hands, but they faded now. I instantly saw the night sky and then I instantly smelled burning flesh. I look over quickly and saw Vonik crouch over by a tree, and I noticed the whole one side of him got burned and sizzling. I stood up quickly, hissing from the pain in my hands before running up to him. Vonik groans as I examine his burns and I don't understand what happened, but when I look around again, I realized we aren't in the cages anymore. Did he break out? I wonder, confused.
"Of course he did, because you are too stupid to listen." Naberius growls.
"Stupid? I tried to escape the cage so I can do your plan so we can save Joz. How is that stupid?" I ask angrily.
"Because you did it stupidly. Either way, you were going to get out so they can use you for the ritual. So you should've just waited." Naberius says, annoyed.
"I still think that there has to be another way to get Joz out of the pit of fire and out of hell. The ritual shouldn't need to happen." I tell him, just as annoyed.
"There isn't another way. So be a good little half demon and listen so they can do the ritual with no problem." Naberius growls.
I let out a sigh as I pay attention to Vonik again. He's leaning against the tree now but still looks to be in pain. I sat next to him as I'm not sure what we should do, and to be honest, I'm not sure where we were. I look up at the stars and can't remember when I did this last. I grew up normally, but now my life turns out to be never normal. I was always and will forever be a half demon. The stars remind me of a time when I lived in Alabama. It feels so long ago now, but it was a time I had a life with no demons, no rituals, or no magic. I miss those times, but I also would miss what I have now. My new friends, and just knowing I have a parent alive still.
I glanced over at Vonik again, as I still can't believe this demon was my real father. I haven't met a lot of demons, but the two I met were nice to me and Naberius was just plain a jerk. I'm sure most demons are assholes, but Vonik and Joz are the only exception. I still don't know Vonik really, but just that he's my real dad and that he's only helping Mr. Dubuik with the ritual so the devil can pardon him. I swallow a little nervously, as we can't just sit here all night. If I want to save Joz then I have to go through with the ritual, but that also means I have to marry Tynan. My mind is dreading with this plan, as I really don't want to do any of it. I finally just let out a sigh before standing up and turning towards Vonik which made him look up at me. I stretch my hand out to him as he stares at it for a moment before grabbing it and standing up.
"Lets raise ourselves a fucking devil."