Eleven

"Who is your son?" I ask annoyed by this question that he keeps asking me.

"Is that your last question for me, Lonnie?" He asks knowingly.

"No-I-I just-" I stammered before he interrupted me with, "Don't worry Lonnie, you will meet him soon if you haven't already. Oh, and another thing Lonnie I've decided to make a grand entrance. So expect me on opening night of your play."

My eyes widen as he mentioned my play as I've told no one of that, not even my friends. The only one who knows about it is the drama club, and-and Grimshaw. I glance over at him as he could be Mr. Dubuik's son? I open my mouth to ask but shut it as I realized that he's not supposed to be in here for the phone conversation. This is so confusing, and I don't understand how he knew about my play. Someone told him about it and the only one I can think of is Grimshaw because he's the only other person who isn't in the drama club who found out.

"I'll take your stun silence as excitement." He spoke up snapping me out of my obvious shock.

"Who told you?" I ask quickly.

"My son of course." He answers with a laugh.

"Who is your son," I ask again more urgently.

"You will meet him sooner or later unless you already have and just don't know it." He tells me a matter of fact.

"I-" I try to argue back but he interrupted me by saying, "Well, Lonnie I'll love to continue our chat but I have some things I have to take care of. I'll see you at opening night."

"Wait! You didn't-" I start but he already hung up which made me annoyed and angry.

I moved my phone away from my ear staring at it as I feel like that phone call was pointless. Well, I guess now I know when he will be coming to kill me. Of course, he would come on opening night. It's just going to make me more nervous about that night, and he's going to make it worse. I hate this school so much. Nothing good has happened since I started at this school, it was only bad things right after the other. I need to get out of here, but how can I now that my mother is gone?

"What did he say? When is he coming?" Hector spoke up first.

"Opening night of my play," I answered softly.

"There's a play happening this year?" Moxie asks confused.

"I thought Pilcher will forever have writer's block," Hector says sounding confused as well.

"Well, he doesn't and there's going to be a play. He found out by his son, and the only one I know who knows about my play besides my drama club is Grimshaw." I told them as I look over at him who's been quiet this whole time.

"Grimshaw? You think he told Dubuik?" Hector asks pointing at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Who else could've it been?" I ask snapping towards him.

"Dubuik's son?" Moxie asks in a duh tone.

"Wouldn't that be Grimshaw?" I ask looking around the room which went silent.

I accused him because it's the only thing that makes sense. He found out about my play, and now Mr. Dubuik knows about it? I mean ever since I came to school, which was because of Mr. Dubuik I've been bothered by Grimshaw. He wouldn't leave me alone, so it has to be him! It's just too much of a consequence there for him to not be his son. They are both cold and suspicious and I get bad vibes from both of them! I mean, I've never met Mr. Dubuik but I already got bad vibes from him just by everything he's done and even more from what he's still doing. They have to be related. I can't be wrong on this. It's just way too suspicious that they have too much in common, and if they aren't related then it's just plain weird.