Thirty- Five

-Lonnie’s Pov-

I woke up screaming in pure agony. I sat up quickly as I tried desperately to stop this burning like feeling that I’m feeling all over my body. I clawed at my body and my head, trying to get this burning pain to stop, but it felt endless. It felt like someone set me on fire and I can’t put it out. It hurts. I feel like I’m dying repeatedly and there’s nothing I can do about it. My skin felt like it was peeling off, almost like a prickling feeling. Tears instantly fell down as the burning pain was so overbearing I couldn’t help but cry and scream. I blocked out everything around me as I couldn’t stand this never ending burning. I kept clawing my head until I eventually felt hands grabbed onto me, turning me towards them. Through my blurry eyes, I instantly thought it was Joz in front of me.
“Joz?” I ask, with more tears falling down.
“No. It’s me. It’s Hector. You’re okay, you’re safe Lonnie.” Hector responds softly. 
I shook my head as I wanted to claw at myself again. The burning agony I feel all over is too much to handle. I struggled to get out of his hold, but he just squeezed tighter as he pulls me into a hug. I cried harder not because of what he said or just did, but because the pain just keeps increasing. I kept flinching and wincing in the hug because I just wanted to claw at my never ending stinging and burning pain. This fire feeling is driving me crazy! My eyes felt puffy as I continue to keep crying and Hector only squeezed tighter in the hug as he tries to calm me down.
I suddenly felt another hand touch me on top of my head, and the next thing I knew I felt myself become calm and tired. I still felt my body in excruciating stinging pain, but it seems like it soothed a bit. I winced a few times as I’m not entirely comfortable. My eyes slowly become heavy as I ended up falling back asleep flinching and wincing now and then. I never had a peaceful sleep either. I ended up reopening my eyes to darkness, and I instantly recognize that I’m in my mind once again. My first thought is that Joz brought me here. So I called out his name. But, when I didn’t hear a reply or see him come out then I become worried and suspicious. I called out his name again and again, but always got no answer. I stood up from my position on the ground and felt a weird sensation. Almost like I can sense another presence here, and it’s not Joz.
“Hello mortal.”
“Who are you? How did you get here? Your not Joz.” I stated the obvious.
“Your right. I’m not him, but I know where he is and why your feeling the way you felt when you are awake.”
“Do you now? How can I trust a voice in my mind who I can’t even see?” I ask looking around the darkness of my mind.
“You trusted Jozannon. But you can’t trust I? I’m the one who wants to help you bring him back.”
“But why? What’s it to you?” I ask furrowing my eyebrows but I had an aching in my chest the way he said, bring him back. 
“Aren’t you curious on why I’m here instead of Joz? Why your feeling like your on fire but your not?” 
“I-I am but how did you know?” I ask confused still looking around the darkness. 
“I’ve been keeping my eyes on you and Jozannon for some time, and I have to say I’m impressed by you two.” 
“Who are you?” I ask again getting annoyed. 
“I’m Naberius, and I’m Jozannon’s older brother.”
“Wait what? Older brother? Joz didn’t tell me he even had a brother.” I say shock. 
“Were demons what did you expect? We don’t really open up to anyone. Especially to mortals.” Naberius tells me boredly. 
“Then why are you here and why did you tell me that your brothers?” I ask curious about his motives. 
“I told you. I want to help you bring Jozannon back.” Naberius repeats. 
“What does that even mean? Why is he not here? I didn’t think he could leave my mind at all. At least not until I died.” I say furrowing my eyebrows. 
“That’s true, but since you used maximum power to burn down your academy, well it sort of kicked him out of your mind. You almost died and our lord got a grasp of Jozannon in which he brought back down to hell.” Naberius explains to me. 
“Wait, a minute! Your saying Joz is back down in the-the uh underworld?” I ask widening my eyes. 
Naberius chuckles as he finally steps out of the shadows, and my eyes widen even more. He looks so much like Joz, which is to be expected since they are brothers. Naberius has long black hair, pale skin, pointed ears like an elf, horns just like Joz’s but his are longer. He has a long black tail and his eyes are a darker hazel but they still move like stardust. At first glance I almost mistook him as Joz since he looks similar, but the differences confirms that he certainly isn’t Joz. Naberius’s hair is straight while Joz’s was shaggy, and their horns are different sizes as well. Their eyes are close to each other but Naberius’s are a little darker. I noticed they are different in height as Naberius is taller than Joz. 
“Your definitely an interesting mortal. I’m not sure what my brother seen in you, but I guess he was always the weak one in the family.” Naberius says shaking his head. 
“How could you say something like that about your own brother?” I ask glaring up at him.
“Because it’s true and I can say whatever I want about him. Now, lets get back to the matter at hand.” Naberius says walking closer to me. 
“Thats to get Joz out of the underworld?” I ask watching him closely. 
“It’s not just hell we have to get him out of. We have to get him out of the pit of fire as well.” Naberius says stopping right behind me. 
“The pit of fire? What do you mean by that?” I ask spinning towards him. 
“My brother really left you oblivious about everything didn’t he? How typical.” Naberius says letting out a sigh. 
“Just tell me what’s going on.” I nearly shouted from annoyance. 
“Ah! There’s the feisty girl. Okay, here’s the pitch mortal. I need your help to save my brother from the pit of fire, and in doing so you need to give me permission to stay in your mind until we do so.” Naberius tells me seriously. 
“Give you permission? Joz didn’t need my permission so why do you?” I ask watching him closely. 
“Jozannon didn’t need permission because they gave him access to your mind with the ritual that brought you back alive.” Naberius tells me seriously. 
“Okay, so you want access to stay in my mind like how Joz was so we can save your brother?” I ask making sure I’m getting this right. 
“That’s correct.” Naberius says giving me a sideways smirk. 
“How do I know that once I give you access you won’t take control over me and my mind completely?” I ask him suspiciously. 
“Ah! So you have learned a thing or two from hanging around my brother.” Naberius chuckles. 
“Just answer the question.” I snap. 
“Feisty. Well, don’t worry your little red head about that. I’m not planning on taking control over you at all.” Naberius tells me crossing his arms. 
“Your almost like your brother when you say that.” I say staring at him.
“Watch your mouth mortal! I’m nothing like that weak fledgling demon of a brother of mine! I’m only doing this to get him out of that pit!” Naberius growls. 
“Why are you so hard on him! He’s your family! Someone you should care and protect! Someone who you should have brotherly love! Your brothers!” I yell at him flinging my arms up in the air angrily. 
“Listen mortal. I am a demon. Jozannon is a demon. There is no such thing as love in hell. Stop trying to push your human like feelings onto us!” Naberius growls at me. 
“I don’t care if you two are demons or not. Theres always love, in some type or another. Your just hiding it. Pushing it down, and honestly I think it’s because of your lord. Am I right?” I ask watching him closely. 
“Your walking on thin ice there mortal.” Naberius hisses.
“If you want access to be in my mind, then you have to trust me too.” I tell him seriously.
“Just give me permission so I can save Jozannon.” Naberius growls. 
“On one condition.” I say making him groan in frustration. 
“What could you possibly want mortal?” Naberius asks annoyed. 
“I want you to trust me, to always tell me the truth and to help me in return.” I say watching him closely.
“This isn’t some charity where I help you and tell you every single truth. I’m a demon and-” Naberius says, but I interrupted him by saying, “Yes I get it. You’re a demon blah blah. How many times are you planning on telling me that?”
“Fine deal whatever! Now give me permission!” Naberius growls annoyed. 
“Well, your already in my mind so stay I guess. I give you permission. I’m not sure how this works.” I say shrugging. 
“That will work.” Naberius says turning and walking back into the shadows. 
I stood there in the shadows and wondered why I’m still here. Usually after Joz and I finish our talks, I instantly wake up right after. I don’t really trust Naberius at all, but I know he just wants to save Joz. In his weird way, but I know he’s not completely bad. Nothing felt different, as everything still feels the same. I look around the darkness of my mind, and ended up turning right into a hard chest. I let out a gasp of shock as I went to take a step back but hands grabbed onto my shoulders tightly. I felt his sharp nails digging into me making me wince. 
“I Almost forgot. Since we are now connected, then here’s how I can help you now. I’ll minimize that excruciating burning that my brother so kindly left behind for you.” Naberius says smirking. 
“What you mean by that?” I ask confused. 
“Jozannon is still and will always stay connected to you because your both share the same magic, and because of that your feeling what he’s feeling.” Naberius tells me with a frown. 
“Wait. If I’m feeling this much pain, then does that mean Joz is-” I ask but couldn’t finish my sentence so Naberius did for me. “In excruciating pain? Yes. Yes he is, and he will continue to feel that way for the next three years, give or take.” 
“Oh, my-” I say but he stops me with an icy glare and a growl. “Do not finish that sentence.” 
“I-I don’t understand. Why is he being tortured like that?” I ask feeling my eyes sting, but I try to hold back the tears. 
“Why do you think? Our lord is punishing him, and it’s why I want to get Jozannon out of that pit of fire.” Naberius says letting go of me before stepping back. 
“How are we going to do that?” I ask feeling determined. 
“Don’t worry about that now. I have a plan. It’s time for you to wake up.” Naberius says as I suddenly feel the familiar pull. 
“No! Wait!” I yell as my vision blurred and I’m sucked out of my mind and Naberius disappears from my sight.