Forty- Four

-Lonnie's POV-

Joz didn't answer him and just kept staring at Naberius and me with wide eyes for like what felt like hours. The eerie silence was getting too much, and even the devil was getting annoyed by it. Joz looks away from us finally as he shakes his head with a heavy sigh, and I couldn't tell what he's thinking. I trust Joz, and I believe he wouldn't throw me to Satan just like that. I know his brother is an asshole, but I know he will not throw him under either. The devil finally just flung us back before grabbing Joz with an annoyed and pissed off expression.
"You think I'm just playing games, Jozannon? You even choose or I'll choose for you!" He growls at him.
"How is that fair?" I ask, wincing as I sit up.
"What are you doing?" Naberius hissed.
I ignored him as I watch as the devil turn towards me with an icy glare, and it made me nervous and scared, but I ignored it. I let out a gasp when he appeared in front of me with his big hands around my throat. I grabbed onto his wrists, trying to breathe, but I can already feel the bruise forming. I heard my friends, Vonik and even some voices that I hadn't heard in a while, yell out. The devil looks behind him, and I glimpsed who appeared. It was David, Craig, and Mr. Tomas! I'm then dropped to the ground as I cough and gasped for breath. My throat hurt and stung from his hands around me. I look up to see the devil looking in their direction.
"Well, well, isn't this interesting?" He says with a wide smirk.
"Just go back where you came from and nobody will get hurt!" David yells making Mr. Tomas face palm himself.
"Go back? Now why would I do that when I just got here? The party didn't start yet." The devil says waving his hand making David fly towards him.
David quickly grabs out his bible and cross as he holds them up towards the devil, and he started saying some strange verse in Latin. The devil just chuckles as he just grabbed the bible and cross from David's hands. My eyes widen as he just burned them within his grasp. David's eyes widen as well as he steps back in shock as he watches the ashes of his bible and cross falls onto the ground.
"That's impossible! You shouldn't be able to even touch them, let along be near them." David says stepping back again.
"You need to do better research. That shit doesn't work on me, only the lowly demons I created." The devil says, raising his hand and snapping his neck with his magic.
I screamed as David's twisted neck turned my stomach, and then he fell on his knees before falling completely on the ground, dead. I stood up, but Joz stops me as I stare at David's dead body in shock. This is all of my fault. He came here because of me. I'm putting these people in danger and they will keep dying because of me, and I can't let that happen. I turn towards Joz and I would've been so happy to have him back finally, but in this situation I might lose him again.
The devil then bursts out laughing as he spreads his arms out and brought everyone close to him, but none of us can move. I glance around at all the people I came to care about, and I knew I had to do something. There's no way that we can get rid of the devil without everyone dying. There's literally only one choice to go with, and we have to go with it or everyone is going to die. Then the devil will roam free, and that's not a good thing.
"I think it's time for the party to start officially. Don't you guys agree?" The devil asks, looking at everyone with a wide smirk.
"You mean kill us all?" Vonik asks glaring at the devil.
"Why? Did you honestly think I'll keep my deal to you Vonik?" He asks pulling my father closer to him.
"I didn't know what to think. You're the king who can do whatever the fuck he wants, and you choose to fuck us over every single time." Vonik hisses.
"Is that what you really think Vonik?" He asks with a growl.
"I think so too. You fucked me over with my deal as well." Joz spoke up, glaring down at the devil as well.
"What are you doing, Jozannon?" Naberius hisses.
"Are you two hurt? I didn't completely keep my end of the deal? Oh boohoo! Your demons! Act like one!" The devil yells, flinging everyone back again.
"I'll act like one. I'll show you." Vonik growls as he charges at him.
I yelled at him to stop, but he just kept running towards him. He wasn't the only one who charged at the devil. Joz did too. Naberius reluctantly followed, since he didn't want his brother to die. Fire balls were being thrown at the devil as well, and I saw that even Hector and Mr. Tomas even joined the fight. Iridiana and Craig joined too. Iridiana was shooting her light arrows while trying not to hit any of the demons who were on our side. Craig was summoning throwing knives that were made of entirely of light, before he was throwing them towards the devil.
The battle truly begun.
I wish I knew how to help.
I'm still not completely good at controlling these powers, and I'm afraid that I might lose control again. I let out a sigh, as this time I might just have to take a risk. I turn towards the battle, and saw that they were having trouble hitting the devil. I quietly try to sneak behind the devil. When I'm completely behind him, I try to summon up my magic, and I tried to summon as much as I could muster. I felt the warmth and power sizzling throughout my body, and my fingers tingle with the amount of power that's about to be poured out.
I shoot my hands out towards the devil and a huge fire wall and wind flew towards him, and it actually hit him. The devil screamed, but he quickly stopped as he turned around and as the fire dispersed. I saw his eyes looked darker, if that's even possible. I don't hesitate as I throw another fire wall at him, but he disappears before reappearing in front of me. I stood my ground as he roughly grabs onto my chin, forcing me to look at him. I glance behind him and saw that everyone else could not move. They got frozen in place once again.
"You would be wise to not try that again, or it will force me to go back on my deal with Jozannon and Vonik completely." He warns me with a deadly growl.
"Then how about making a new deal with me?" I ask, staring into his obsidian eyes.
"A deal with a mortal?" He asks with disgust.
"I'm half demon as well." I tell him, hoping he will agree with making a deal with me.
"Very true. Alright, I'll bite. What deal do you want to make with me?" He asks, crossing his arms.
"Promise me you will return to hell, and you won't harm no one that's here." I tell him, feeling my chest tighten.
"That's a big thing to ask of the devil. What do I get, because honestly I like it up here." He tells me with a smirk.
"I know you weren't a fan of my father and mother having me. So, in return, you can have me. Throw me in the pit of fire or torture me. I don't care, but leave my friends alone." I tell him seriously.
"Don't you think about giving yourself to him, Lonnie!" Vonik yells suddenly.
"He won't keep his word! Don't do it!" Joz yells out as well.
"You don't need to give yourself up for us, Lonnie!" Hector yells along with them.
I swallowed, upset, as my friends and dad yelled at me to not make this deal, but what else was there to do? The devil got risen, and he already killed people. We can barely hit him, and getting him back into hell would be impossible. This is our only way. I'm afraid, but I wouldn't do this if there wasn't no other choice.
"So, you want to hand yourself over to save your friends and daddy?" The devil asks, ignoring everyone's pleas.
"You and me both know there isn't another way to stop you, but I know you love making deals." I tell him, swallowing nervously.
The devil chuckles before grabbing my shoulders while giving me a sideways smirk. "This will be interesting."