Thirty- Four

-Joz’s Pov-

I teleported back to the shack, but it was quiet. Too quiet. I look around, noticing that it’s a wreck. I became panic when I didn’t sense anyone here, but I smelled blood. I followed the scent until I found small drops here and there. I crouch down before sticking my fingers in the blood before sniffing it. I instantly moved my fingers away as the scent was horrendous, yet familiar. It’s defiantly not Lonnie’s blood. I thought as I sigh in relief. I stood up, wiping the blood on my jeans as I look around the wreckage of the shack. There was defiantly a fight that happened here, but who won I’m not sure. The blood is Finn’s and I don’t smell anyone else’s blood around here. I look towards where Lonnie was resting and saw she’s not there. Which to be expected if no one else is. I let out another sigh as I closed my eyes to sense where she was. We are both still connected, after all. I’ve been with her since they brought her back from the dead, but could only contact her when she started coming to that academy. Now, she has my magic and so do I, so I should be able to sense my magic and figure out where she is. 
I closed my eyes and concentrated on where my magic and Lonnie were. At first it was hard, since it kept sensing my duplicated magic that I had instead of my other magic that Lonnie has inside of her. I tried instead, sensing her magic that I faintly sensed when I was in her mind still. It was difficult because she didn’t really tap into her magic, but I can still slightly sense it. I’m not sure how long it’s been with me standing here trying to sense her, but eventually I finally sensed a small bit of her magic. It’s very faint, but I caught it and knew exactly where they were. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that she’s at least alright and not hurt. I open my eyes as I’m about to teleport to them, but then I felt a different and a familiar sensation. 
The next thing I knew, I’m back in hell and right in front of my lord who’s sitting on his throne that’s made from bones. I felt eyes on me and knew I’m in huge trouble from leaving here. I felt a chill run down my spine from their stares, as I know it’s glares and that they all want me dead. I wouldn’t get surprised if all of them convinced my lord to throw me back into the pit of fire again. I honestly don’t want to go through all that suffering again, but I can’t do anything about it. I’m only a fledgling demon. I’m not strong enough to go up against these guys. I’m already dead. I’ll never see Lonnie again. I’ll never be able to speak to her again or give her advice. I’ll never be able to tell her the truth. 
“Jozannon. Do you know why we have summoned you here?” 
“Yes, my lord.” I say swallowing as I bowed my head. 
“So, you admit you running back on top was wrong even after I told you to not to?” 
“Yes, my lord.” I answer, as there’s no point in lying. He will know if I was, anyway. 
“Jozannon, you were once in the pit of fire as punishment. Do you think it’s reasonable as a punishment for your betrayal?” 
“I don’t want to go back, my lord.” I answer with my opinion as I knew what he’s expecting me to say. 
“You didn’t answer my question, Jozannon.” He says, getting impatient. 
“I know what you expect me to say, my lord. You want me to say yes, that I deserve it. But, I really don’t want to go back. My opinion, my lord. I don’t think I deserve to be thrown back into the pit of fire.” I answer, swallowing nervously as I finished speaking. 
“That’s preposterous! How dare you speak so freely to our lord like that!” One of the four members of commanders yells. 
Everyone then started yelling at me, saying that I’m a traitor and that I deserve to burn all of eternity. I kept my head bowed, not saying another word, as I knew better to talk back to these guys. I felt very nervous as I knew saying my opinion to our lord wasn’t a good idea, but I figured I’ll die, anyway. So, I mine as well stand up to him at least once. Our lord then stands up and yells for everyone to shut up, making the room instantly quiet down. I still refused to pick my head up, as I didn’t want to offend my lord or get everyone started going again. 
“Everyone, leave us. I would like to speak with Jozannon in private.” 
“My lord? You would taint your presence with this traitor? We should just get rid of him right away.” Another one of the four members of the commanders says in shock. 
“Do not make me repeat myself, Asmodeus.” He growls. 
“Yes, my lord. We will take our leave.” Asmodeus says, bowing before everyone teleports out of the room. 
“Jozannon.” He says in a commanding voice, making me bow my head again. 
“Yes, my lord?” I ask feeling afraid, but hid it. 
“Is that really your opinion?” 
“I-uh yes?” I ask, unsure if I should’ve told him or not. 
“You sound unsure.” 
“I just don’t want to offend you, my lord.” I tell him honestly. 
“Don’t you think that’s a little late, Jozannon?” 
“I’m sorry, my lord.” I apologized but immediately regretted it when I’m flung back and slammed into the hard wall. 
“What have I said about apologizing? We do not apologize, Jozannon. That mortal girl made you soft. You didn’t even kill that mortal boy who fought you.” 
“You saw that?” I ask as I sat up on my hands and knees. 
“I can see whatever I please, Jozannon, and I’m very disappointed in you.” 
“I know, but I’m myself, and you gave me a second chance when you let me be Lonnie’s demon when she got brought back to life. I’m already a dead demon.” I tell him honestly as I stared at the ground, refusing to look at him. 
“You think, just because you were already dead, or close to death, that you can be a free demon? That you don’t have to follow the rules down here? Who made you so special, Jozannon? You’re no one special. You’re just another demon, a dead demon or not. You’re still under my control. You will never be free.” He growls as he grabs onto my throat and slamming me against the wall. 
“I-I don’t understand, my lord. You say I’m a dead demon, but you want me to be under your control. But you’re planning on killing me again, anyway.” I choked out. 
“I told you before Jozannon. I’m the devil. I’m the king. I can do whatever the fuck I want. No one of your status will say otherwise.”
“My lord. I’ve always acknowledged you as my lord, but why can’t you just grant me just one wish?” I ask, almost pleading. 
“A wish? Who do you think I am? A fucking genie?” He hisses. 
“Please, my lord. It’s a wish that you can grant, I guarantee it.” I tell him honestly. 
“Hm. What will you give me as payment?” He asks, raising a dark brow. 
“Me.” I simply reply.