Four

In gym class we are playing dodge ball again, but this time I got to be on a team that didn't play first. That was the good news! The bad news is somehow I ended up on the same team as Grimshaw and his friend. I made sure to sit far away from them, but I still saw them sitting next to each other and talking. I felt afraid because I tried to make sure that I wasn't on his team again, but somehow I ended up on this team. This truly sucks. I feel like the universe hates me or something. I let out a sigh as I watch the two teams versing each other, and they are pretty good. Better than the students at my old school. I noted as I watch them face each other. It's no wonder I got smacked in the face by a ball yesterday, they are vicious, fast, and really good. I'm not compared with them and I was one of the best sports players at my old school.

"You're the new girl right?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look over to see a guy sitting next to me. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes as he gazed at me with a look that sent shivers down my back. He's wearing gym clothes like we are supposed to which consists of a red t-shirt and black shorts. The girls uniform is similar but the shorts are a bit shorter. I stare back at this guy as he seems like he's not just here to talk.

"I uh yeah." I stammered sitting straighter.

"I'm Finn. It's nice to meet you uh?"

"Lonnie." I introduced myself.

"Hi, Lonnie. Sorry about the nose." Finn says giving me a sideways smirk.

My eyes widen as I look over at him in shock, "You're the one who hit me with the ball yesterday?"

"Yes sorry about that." Finn says sounding like he doesn't even mean it.

"You don't sound like you mean it." I point out narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh really?" Finn asks narrowing his eyes as well.

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I feel like I shouldn't mess with him. I lean away from him as this can't be happening. This Finn guy hits me with a ball yesterday and now he wants what? What does he want now? He must want something if he's here bothering me and giving me this bad vibe from him. It's not as strong as Grimshaw's but it's still strong and he's still dangerous. I can't trust him. I have to find a way to get out of this situation.

"What do you want?" I ask him trying to stay calm.

"Well your new, so you must not know our customs right?" Finn asks with a smirk.

"I might not know much but I do know that this school performs dark magic." I hissed at him trying to be quiet.

Finn's eyes widen as he didn't expect that answer but he went back to smirking as he answers with, "Clever girl. You might survive longer than I thought."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask trying not to freak out.

"It's like you said new girl, this school performs dark magic, and we just got a new target. A pretty girl with long red hair. How precious your blood must be. Your first day here and you already made an enemy with Grimshaw and his club, which is the most powerful dark magic club that this school has." Finn explains then growls at the end.

"I-I wasn't trying to make him my enemy." I say trying to stay brave.

"If you mean to or not, he's now your enemy which means now your everyone's enemy." Finn tells me with a smirk.

"What do you want from me? Is this a warning or a threat that you will come after me?" I ask feeling afraid.

"Well, if you want protection then maybe we can make a deal." Finn says rubbing his chin.