Thirty- Three

-Joz’s Pov-

“So, you’re saying Lonnie did all of this?” I ask, looking at the burned down academy.
“Yeah, she destroyed the entire school and lots of people have gotten killed.” Hector answers staring at the school, which was still smoking. 
“Wow. I didn’t think my magic was that powerful, especially since they did not give her the full use of them.” I say, confused but impressed at the same time. 
“What do you mean by that?” Hector asks, turning towards me. 
“I mean, my powers aren’t that strong and shouldn’t have been able to burn down an entire academy.” I explain, turning towards him as well. 
“So, are you saying that Lonnie has strong magic hidden somewhere deep inside of her, which made your magic seem powerful?” Hector asks, squinting at me in question. 
“Come on Hector, you’re a smart guy and seem to observe people well. What do you think?” I ask, staring at him knowingly. 
“I think there’s something special about Lonnie that nobody understands, because they only see her for the demon blood she has. Lonnie never believed in magic before she started coming here, but that doesn’t mean she never had it inside of her locked inside. Everyone does, and it just determines if people want to reach for that flame of power or not.” Hector explains to me seriously. 
“You are absolutely right, my good sir. Lonnie is certainly special, and while I was inside of her head, I could sense some sort of power coursing through her. I could sense that she didn’t exactly tap into it, but she must’ve tapped into some of it.” I explain, rubbing my chin in thought. 
“Then that makes her someone from a powerful family.” Hector says in deep thought. 
“Is she really, though? Lonnie parent’s died pretty easily.” I tell him nonchalantly. 
“Listen demon boy, her mother sacrificed herself to bring her daughter back and her father died in a car crash. Powerful or not, accidents happen every day.” Hector nearly growls at me. 
“Yes, but if her father was so powerful like Dubuik then he could’ve saved Lonnie from dying in that crash. Teleport her out of the car or force the door open. You know, do something? But, as we both know, he let her die along with himself.” I explain to him, irritated by this conversation. 
“Maybe it wasn’t her father who was powerful, but the mother. I mean, think about it, she knew Dubuik and was even willing to sacrifice herself to bring her daughter back.” Hector explains to me. 
“Maybe, but the question is why? If the mother was so powerful and knew about demons and rituals and shit. Then why not just do it herself? Then that way she could’ve still been here with her daughter.” I explain, knowing full well that the mother wasn’t the one who was powerful. 
“Then who else could she get such a powerful magic from?” Hector asks, sounding annoyed. 
“What if she’s adopted?” I suggested. 
“That’s insane! Why would she be adopted?” Hector asks, not believing me. 
I didn’t answer right away, as I knew the answer already. It’s one of the many secrets that Lonnie doesn’t know about yet. When I first could contact Lonnie, then I didn’t care about if she found out about the truths or not. I didn’t care if she suffered or not. Well, until everything changed. Now, I care and I worry and I want her to know everything. Lonnie might not forgive me for keeping it a secret for so long, but she has a right to know everything now. But she can’t now. She has to wake up and then focus on getting better. Then she needs to learn to control hers and mine powers before she hurt anyone or herself again. 
“You know something. I know you do.” Hector spoke up, making me look over at him. 
I noticed he’s been observing me this whole time, which honestly he does a lot. It makes me wonder if his demon is very observant, or that’s just who this guy is. I stare at him, observing him myself. Hector is powerful, but he still isn’t as powerful as Tynan or Grimshaw, and defiantly not as powerful as me. I know he has secrets himself, but he isn’t telling anyone. I’m not that good at observing people, but I can at least tell when someone is hiding something. If it’s good or bad, then I still deserve to know, especially if it involves Lonnie. 
“I can say the same about you.” I say, crossing my arms. 
“Don’t turn this back around. You already told us that there was something that you weren’t telling us, weren’t telling Lonnie. Now, you’re saying shit about her being adopted and her father letting her die. What’s with that shit?” Hector growls, pointing at me. 
“Because it’s the truth.” I simply tell him. 
“What?” Hector asks wide eyed. 
“There’s so much that you don’t know about Lonnie Hector. Unfortunately, she doesn’t know the whole truth about everything either.” I explain to him, feeling guilty. 
“Then enlighten me.” Hector says, watching me closely. 
“I can’t. Well, at least not now. Not when Lonnie is still unconscious.” I tell him seriously. 
“Your planning on telling Lonnie everything once she wakes up?” Hector asks, observing me once again. 
“Well, not the moment she wakes up. I’m gonna wait until she healed up and got used to what’s going on first before I spilled everything.” I tell him honestly. 
“You are a strange demon.” Hector comments. 
I smirk as I remember Lonnie saying the same thing at some point. It still feels kind of weird not being in her head anymore, but it feels great being in my physical body again. I glance around the destroyed academy, as I can still distantly smell death and blood here. Lonnie never wanted to hurt anyone, and she ended up killing so many people. I don’t know if she will ever forgive herself for this. Therefore, I wanted her to learn to control her magic, but she kept putting it off. I wish she didn’t and I know she’s going to wish she hadn’t either. 
“We should head back and see how Lonnie is doing.” Hector says as he turns to head back to the shack. 
“Agree.” I say as I turned and followed him, but stopped as I glanced back at the destroyed academy as I thought I sensed something. 
“You coming, demon boy?” Hector asks. 
“Yeah. I’m coming.” I answer as I turned back around and followed him.