Twenty-Five

I wanted to talk to Stacy after class, but the teacher prevented me from doing so. Just like I predicted, she lectured me and then wrote me a detention slip. I have to speak with the principal after school. I’m not looking forward to it, considering the first time I met him, he made me very uncomfortable. I can’t do anything about it, though. I can’t tell them it’s because I’m part demon, so my appearance changed overnight. I don’t want anyone to know, plus they won’t believe me now. My hair is now dyed and I’m wearing contacts. My appearance looks normal now, which is something I’m grateful for. I was average looking before, but now I look like a supermodel. I don’t want the attention. I don’t want any of this. I just wanted everything to go back the way it used to be. It’s not fair that this is all happening to me and I didn’t even ask for it.
It doesn’t matter now. I have to live with it. I have to live with knowing that I’m different and that I’m a part demon now. I can’t do anything to change that. So there’s no point in whining about it. I just have to take my new life one step at a time, and I just have to learn to be cautious with my surroundings. I don’t trust anyone here. The only one I trust at the moment are Iridiana and Joz. Mr. Pilcher I trust as well, but he’s neutral, so I have to be careful. I thought I could somewhat trust the club members, but after what happened yesterday with Grimshaw? I know I can’t. Grimshaw can change his mind and say that they don’t have to protect me. Moxie already hates my guts. I’m not so sure about the other two, though. I hate being confused, but I can just try to ignore them. I’ll just stay away from them as best as I can.
“You think that will work?” Joz asks breaking my train of thoughts.
“I have to try.” I whisper to him as I’m about to walk into the cafeteria, but stop.
I just remembered that I always sat with Stacy, Paula and-and Tynan. I took a step back from the cafeteria, as I definitely do not want to be near Tynan. I spun around as I’m about to leave and go to the library, but I bumped into someone. The instant cold aura told me exactly who it was, and I tensed up instantly. I didn’t bother looking up at him as I hurried around him and rushed down the hallway. I didn’t stop until I made it into the girl’s bathroom, where I locked myself in the stall. This can’t be happening! Why do I always bump into him? I’m just glad it was just Grimshaw and not the whole club, but still. I didn’t want to be near him. I never want to see him again. I thought as I lean against the stall door.
“You know that is impossible, right?” Joz spoke up, bursting my bubble. 
“Did you really have to burst my bubble?” I ask Joz sighing. 
“You know it’s the truth.” Joz tells me honestly. 
“I know, but I wished it wasn’t the truth.” I tell him, upset.
“If you don’t want to see him again, then just kill him.” Joz tells me casually. 
“What! You know I will never do that.” I scold him. 
“Well, what are you going to do?” Joz asks with a sigh. 
“I-I don’t know yet. I think at the moment I’ll try to avoid him as much as possible.” I tell him my pathetic plan. 
“If that’s what you want to do.” Joz tells me. 
“Thank you.” I thanked Joz. 
I let out a sigh as I stood there for a few more seconds before I turn to leave the stall, but then I heard someone coming in. I froze as the whole bathroom turned cold, and I knew who it was. I shook both from the cold and fear. In this moment I kind of wish it was Grimshaw, but it’s not. It’s him. It’s Tynan and he must of saw me run in here, and then followed me. Doesn’t he know that this is the girl’s bathroom? Doesn’t he have no shame? I stepped away from the stall as I heard him coming closer, and the temperature kept going down the longer he’s in here. I then screamed when every single stall door bursts open! Even my locked one! It fell off of its hinges a bit from the force, but what scared me more was whose standing opposite of me. Tynan was standing there in his uniform, but he looked pissed off.
“My advice right now is to kill him or get your ass out of there now!” Joz hisses at me seriously. 
I know I wouldn’t be able to take Tynan down, so I rushed out of the stall and towards the door. Except, it seemed like my body froze just when my hand was about to grab onto the handle. I felt my heart beating like a jackhammer as I didn’t know what was happening, but I also knew that this felt familiar. I remembered Joz doing this a couple times to me before, but I didn’t understand why he picked now to do this! Joz this isn’t funny! Unfreeze me now! I hissed at him in my mind.
“I’m not doing it! He is!” Joz yells, sounding panicked for once. 
“Do you think I’ll let you go, sweetheart?” Tynan asks, sending a shiver down my back.
“Wh-what do you want?” I ask, trying to not sound afraid, but it’s hard in this situation. 
“What do I want you ask? Well, how about an explanation?” Tynan snarls. 
“An explanation about what?” I ask, confused. 
“Don’t play stupid!” Tynan yells as he spins me towards him and I noticed his eyes are darker than usual.
“I-I really don’t know Tynan.” I tell him, shivering from fear and the cold.
“Let me remind you then.” Tynan says before slamming me against the wall and then smashing his lips against mine. 
I froze as I became even more confused, but instantly came back to reality as I tried to push him off. Damn it! He’s stronger than Grimshaw! It feels like I’m pushing against a boulder. Tynan then let me go before staring at me with lust filled eyes, and I became afraid of what he’s going to do next. I glanced towards the door, but he grabbed onto my cheeks, forcing me to look up at him. Joz! What do I do? I ask him in my mind, panicked. 
“Your the one who has the guys lining up to kiss you.” Joz says, sounding annoyed. 
“I don’t want them to kiss me!” I yell at him in mind, confused about everything. 
“Are you talking with him?” Tynan asks before Joz could reply. 
“What? Who?” I ask shock. 
“You know who I mean, sweetheart. Your demon that’s inside of you.” Tynan tells me as he steps closer to me.
“I-I how?” I fumbled over my own words.
“You think my father wouldn’t have told me about your part in everything? He’s the one who got your family apart in all of this and wanted me to get close with you.” Tynan tells me, sounding annoyed.
“Why did you kiss me then?” I ask him, still confused.
“You still understand nothing, do you, sweetheart?” Tynan asks sighing as he steps back while shaking his head. 
“What are you talking about! I understand plenty! Your asshole of a father murdered my mother for some kind of ritual, and he still wants me! He helped my mom bring me back to life and now I have demon blood and everyone wants my blood, which isn’t really my blood!” I yell at Tynan, angry and frustrated. 
“You forgot some things, sweetheart. Your also part demon with demon powers, and your appearance changed, although you kind of look like yourself again. How did that happen? My father also needs your blood and power to bring the devil here so he can control him, and to do so there has to be a marriage and a ritual.” Tynan explains to me with a sideways smirk.
“Wait! He wants to control the devil? As in, like Satan himself?” I ask, horrified.
Tynan laughs as I stared at him confused. I didn’t think what I said was all that funny. It’s very serious. Tynan then traps me against the wall as he plays with a loose strand of hair before saying, “You heard about the bad part but missed the other part.” 
“What other part?” I ask, almost afraid to ask.
Tynan stops and looks me right in the eyes with a serious look as he answers, “The marriage, sweetheart. We are engaged.”