Five

"Iridiana, your late again." Mr. Pilcher says sighing.

"Sorry Mr. Pilcher, but I'm here now at least." She says as she sits down behind me.

"I guess so, but please try not make this a habit Iridiana." Mr. Pilcher says sounding tired.

"I'll try." She says before letting the teacher get back to saying what he was saying before.

We listened to Mr. Pilcher continue talking about the play he wrote for months for us to perform. It almost sounds like a love tragedy which sounds a bit odd to do in a school like this, but I'm not going to say anything. I guess he made sure that the play doesn't need a lot of actors since there's not a lot of people here in the first place. Mr. Pilcher was talking about how he would need two leads, a bad guy, and a few others that aren't the main characters. I don't know if I want to try for a role this time around since I'm new, and people in this school seem to hate me. I could just wait until the next play to try for a part.

Mr. Pilcher passed out the script to everyone and told us that he will hold additions tomorrow. I look down at my copy of the script and saw it's called Poisoned Love. It's an interesting name and suits well for a school that performs dark magic. I open the first page to look at the character list and saw that there are six roles that we could be. I look around the room and knew two of us wouldn't be apart of the play, but if this drama club is like my old drama club then they would have some understudies. I don't mind being an understudy since I'm not going to try for a part this time around.

"So who are you going to try for?"

I jump from the sudden voice next to me before looking over to see that girl with rainbow hair. What was her name again? I thought as I blink at her as I try to figure out if I can trust her. I mean, I'm not getting that vibe as I do with Grimshaw or Finn and everybody in this damn school. The only warmth and safe feeling I got since starting here were when I first came to this drama club. I'm not getting a bad vibe from this girl, so maybe I can trust her.

"Um hi, and uh I wasn't going to try for anyone." I tell her awkwardly.

"No? Oh boy. Mr. Pilcher isn't going to be happy about that." She tells me shaking her head.

"Why not?" I ask confused.

"This is the drama club, new girl and he wants everyone to try for a part." She explains to me with a smile.

"Oh. I guess that does make sense." I say looking over at the character list again.

"I'm going to try for the part of Linus." She tells me with a proud smirk.

"Isn't Linus the bad guy?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but playing the bad guy can be fun sometimes." She tells me shrugging.

I smile at her as well as I guess that is true. I glance down at the list again and couldn't decide who I want to try for. I don't want to try for the lead role, so maybe one of the minor roles will be good. Maybe I can try for Nuno. I wonder as she has a very small part. I turn back towards the rainbow-haired girl and told her that maybe I'll try for Nuno.

"Ooh, Nuno! We will be almost like partners but not really since our characters will talk to each other once." She says smiling widely.

"Yeah, and she doesn't have a big part so I thought it would be good for me." I tell her shrugging.

"Do you not like being on stage or something?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"It's not that, it's just that I haven't acted in a long time so I don't know if I'll still be any good." I explain to her.