Thirty- Nine

"I'm sorry? Come again?" I ask completely confused.
"It's uh, it's hard to explain. You remember nothing before the car crash?" Mr. Tomas asks me seriously.
"Um, I remembered I lived in Alabama with my parents. My dad died in a car crash, my mom worked in a big company but we were still very poor so we weren't doing very well." I explain to him shrugging.
"Okay. So you remember some small stuff." Mr. Tomas says thinking as he paces around again.
"Small stuff? How is my dad dying in a car crash considered small stuff?" I ask insulted.
"Because he wasn't your real dad Miss. McPurthy. I was hoping you would remember more, but you don't. They adopted you when you were a baby. You weren't born in Alabama but moved there." Mr. Tomas explains to me.
"Adopted?" I ask shocked.
"Adopted? That's what Joz told me, but I didn't believe him." Hector says surprised as me.
"But how does this explain that pieces of her in that locked cabinet of yours?" Iridiana asks raising an eyebrow.
"Because as you all probably realized by now, she isn't human. She's more powerful than any human is with a demon. She comes close to Mr. Dubuik who has the strongest demon besides the devil." Mr. Tomas explains looking over at me again.
"What are you saying? Are you saying that I'm a-" I say but stop as I couldn't finish my sentence, "That your a demon? Yes. I am." Mr. Tomas finishes.
"How can that be possible?" Hector asks looking over at me with wide eyes.
"A demon came up here on a mission, but ended up falling in love with a human girl. She was already into dark magic, but just never have a demon inside of her head. So, they got together and well one thing led to another and they had a baby. A baby girl. That's you." Mr. Tomas explains pointing at me at the end.
"My dad is a-a demon?" I ask feeling tears falling down.
"When you were born Miss. McPurthy. You had mostly the same features as your father. Red hair, pale skin, horns and a tail. You only got the blue eyes and the mortality from your mother. That's why you've been aging just like the rest of us humans. Your parents loved you, but when the devil pulled your father back down into hell. Your mother got lost as he never came back." Mr. Tomas explains still watching me closely as more tears fell.
"He killed my father didn't he?" I ask feeling emotions building up.
"I would have to assume so." Mr. Tomas says shrugging.
"So again with her pieces being in your locked cabinet? How and why?" Iridiana asks still confused.
"Like I said, her mother got lost. She didn't know how to raise a half demon baby alone and so she gave her away. Left a note on top saying that she was special and that the baby's name was Lonnie. Rick was the one who found you." Mr. Tomas says seriously.
"Wait! Mr. Dubuik found me?" I ask shock.
"Yes. Brought you to his employees house. Where you grew up." Mr. Tomas tells me.
"So then, what happened to my horns and tail then?" I ask afraid to know.
"Rick ripped your tail off, and since your horns weren't big enough yet they were easy to just break apart." Mr. Tomas tells me seriously.
I open my mouth in shock before looking away from everyone. I didn't know what else to say or what to do now. My parents aren't even my real parents. My real parents have been gone a long time ago. I'll probably never get to see them ever again. All this time I was afraid of demons and magic, but all this time I was afraid of myself. I'm a demon. Who more likely have their own magic and I just haven't tapped into it completely yet. I honestly don't think I want too. Being a demon alone is strong with power, but being a demon with another demon in their head and using their magic would strengthen them. I don't want to be so strong where I can't control myself. Grimshaw couldn't even control himself. I'll definitely be the same.
That's probably why I felt drawn to that locked cabinet. It's because it was a part of myself. It was my baby demon tail and horns. But, why did they keep them? Why did they locked them up? Everything is still so confusing and I hate things are still have been unanswered. Both of my parents, real and adopted are dead. My friends are even getting hurt or dying because of me. I'm a demon who's not even supposed to be here. I'm not even supposed to exist. It will be better off if I gave myself up to Tynan. Maybe I will let the devil rise, but only to make a deal with the devil myself. Then I'll take him down with me.