Ten

I open my eyes hoping that everything was just a dream, but when I saw that I was in an unfamiliar room I knew it wasn't. The events from a few hours ago came back as I felt embarrassed, but angry at the same time. I cried and then ended up passing out on Grimshaw after my crying fest. I ended up being brought into this room, which is attached to the club room. It's small but it's like a loft or something. There's a small bed in here which I'm laying on and I hate what happened yesterday. Why did he bring me here? I wonder still numb from all of the crying. What was the purpose? It just made me upset and angry. My mother is gone, and I had to admit it out loud which hurt a lot. I was still hoping that maybe, just maybe she was still alive.

I knew it was false hope.

My chest tightened at the reality and I felt like crying again. No. I can't keep crying and feeling sorry for myself. What will that even do? Prove even? I need to stand up and find a way to survive and somehow stop Mr. Dubuik. I'm not sure how but there has to be a way to stop him or something. I don't even know what he looks like or what he's capable of. I do know that he's more likely able to wield black magic though as that seems to be a thing around here.

"Your awake."

I jump before sitting up quickly as I didn't hear anyone coming in. I let out a sigh as I narrow my eyes at Grimshaw who is leaning against the doorframe. What does he want now? I just want to be left alone, why can't he seem to get that? I never wanted to come to his club and I definitely didn't want him to keep coming near me and bothering me.

"What do you want now?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"Well, many things but first to see if you're done crying." Grimshaw says nonchalantly.

I glare at him as I throw the blanket off of me before standing up and standing in front of him as I growled, "I'm sorry that me crying is a bother to you!"

"It's okay, but we have more serious matters at hand." He says turning to leave but I stop him as I shake with anger.

"What's your problem with me? Your cold to me, but you keep popping up everywhere I am and talking to me. It was you who threaten me to stay away from you and not bother you! So why are you bothering me!" I growled at him annoyed.

Grimshaw stares at me with his gray eyes and for once I didn't feel afraid. I just felt anger. I wanted answers and pissed that I keep getting questions instead of the answers that I'm seeking. It's not fair. I didn't ask for any of this to happen, but somehow everything I do or try keeps blowing up in my face. It's like the universe is laughing at me at my attempts at life. I don't deserve what I'm getting in life. I'm a good girl. I was a good daughter to both my parents, always done my homework and helped around the house when they asked. I even donated twice to charity! So why is this happening to me?

"You want to know red bird?" Grimshaw asks as he steps closer to me making me back up confused, "It's simple yet complicated."

I furrow my eyebrows at the weird nickname and before I could question him on it he continues, "I don't like you red bird and that's why I threaten you that day, but then you caught my interest. So I decided to protect you for a bit. Of course, then you go and decided to amuse me which made me want to protect you more." Grimshaw explains to me walking me back towards the bed.

I trip and fell on the bed as he got too close and I was afraid he was going to keep coming, but he stopped. I stare up at him as he stares down at me with a strange look across his face. I felt nervous as I felt my heart starting to beat, but no matter what I can't be afraid. I open my mouth to say something but he once again beats me to it.

"You're a strange one red bird. I don't like you but can't help but be amused by you, and that's why I'm protecting you. My whole club is protecting you by my order. No one harms you until you stop amusing me." Grimshaw tells me staring at me intently.