Nine

I don't want to be here.

I feel horrible.

I barely slept a wink last night as I kept thinking about what happened. My mother. What Mr. Dubuik said to me, and about what he did to my mother. I will never forgive him, but I can't help but be afraid knowing that he's coming for me. I've never met him before and am terrified that I won't know who he is when he arrives. I just have to hope that I will somehow just know that it's him when he gets here to do whatever he's planning to do to me. Kill me is more like it. I thought shuddering as I walk into my first class of the day.

I let out a yawn as I sat down in my seat that's in between Stacy and Grimshaw. I felt awkward sitting next to him after the conversation we had yesterday in my room. He doesn't seem to be fond of Mr. Dubuik which makes me curious as to why. I'm not gonna ask him though as I've already put myself in an awkward position twice. I have to stop doing that and stop being alone with him. It will just make it easier for him to kill me when he's ready, and honestly, I'm not ready just yet.

I then felt something touch my hand making me jump a bit before looking down seeing a folded piece of paper. I furrow my eyebrows before opening it up quietly, making sure that the teacher didn't notice. I read the small message quickly and realized that it's from Stacy. I glance over at her seeing her looking at me with concern in her eyes. I give her a small nod as she asked if I'm alright, but in reality, I'm not okay at all.

I'm terrified.

I'm exhausted.

I'm depressed about what just happened to my mother.

Why am I even at this school? What was the purpose of it if I was just going to be hunted down like some animal? This doesn't make sense, and I don't know how much time I have before he shows up to kill me. I shiver at that thought. I never imagined in my whole life that I'll have someone coming after me to kill me. Everything started going downhill since we moved here. No, actually. It started when my mom started working for that asshole Mr. Dubuik.

It changed.

Everything changed.

My life changed.

My mom is gone.

My life is in danger.

It has been since I came to this blasted school, but then again Mr. Dubuik was planning to kill me from the beginning. Who knows how long this has been going on, and whatever my mom promised him or asked of him he's now fulfilling. I grabbed onto my head as it's pounding at all of this realization. What did my mother get herself into? I thought feeling my chest tighten. I wanted to cry but not here. Not in the middle of English class. I need to figure something out, to help myself. What can I do?

I'm not strong.

I know a little self-defense, but will it be enough?

I know absolutely nothing about him and what he's capable of. He could perform dark magic as well, and I have this chilling feeling that he does know. I'm not capable to defend myself against this man. I need help but who can I trust? There's nobody I can trust in this school. I'm not sure if I can trust my friends. I hate feeling like this, hate feeling so alone. I have nobody to turn to. I have no family to help me. I'm so scared and so nervous. I just don't-

"You coming or what?"

I jump a mile high as the voice was next to my ear, and I snap my head towards it only to pull away quickly. I flush lightly embarrassed before looking down at my desk once again. What does he want now? I just want to be alone can't he see that? I don't want to deal with his weirdness and creepiness today. I have so many problems that I have to deal with right now. I'm so tired and worn out from last night that I don't want to deal with him again. I feel like I'm always seeing him and dealing with him every day and it's so unfair. I never asked for any of this, so why am I being punished?