Chapter 10; Utopia

Chapter ten

Chapter ten

"Utopia: A place of ideal perfection."
#StopIslamophobia
_____________

IT had been more than three hours now after since Joshua told me to go up and went out with that woman, I still had no idea who she was and what their relationship was and still went upstairs despite wanting to know some certain answers alas he went away before I even stood up. Now I'm sitting here in the bathtub with my knees to my chest. Is that his mistress perhaps? Well she has balls if she truly was. But then again I shouldn't assume things so it might just be an ex or someone he knew since he is pretty well known after all.

Gosh why is this even bothering me.

I sighed, I quickly got up and took my towel as I headed out of the bathroom. I dried myself off and walked to the closet naked in search for some comfy pajamas. I'm pretty sure I brought my favorite.

With ease I managed to slip into my pajamas and put on my favorite fuzzy socks and then combed my wet hair. Should I blow dry it or not? Nah, I'm going natural. Hehe. I walked out of the closet and entered the room, I plopped down on the soft bed and searched for the remote before turning it on. I flipped through the panels while my other hand rummaged in the mini fridge beside me that was filled with the snacks I brought from the lobby and room service. Oh what's this, a murder mystery? Count me in.

Halfway into the film a knock on my door caught my attention and I looked at the hall, I got up from my place and walked in the hall to the door before I checked the intercom. Confused I noticed Joshua standing—more like struggling to stand in front of my door. What's he doing here? Did he confuse my room for his? Immediately I opened the door and without a warning he lost his balance and fell on top of me. I fell backwards and hit my bottom and my back, oh my poor 80 year old back should be cracked already from the impact now. I groaned in immense pain and annoyance and struggled under his hold.

I shook his shoulder to wake him up.

"Joshua, oi joshua. Wake up bro." No answer.

I sighed in annoyance, shaking him this time harder.

"Dude You is crushing me buns." I whined, after several failed attempts I had decided to just roll him over on his back and then leave him on the floor. So I rolled him over and sighed in relief. I stood up and was about to go when he suddenly held my foot causing me to lose my balance and stumble forward.

"What is up with you Joshua?! I almost broke my nose!" I turned around furiously just to see him holding my foot and crying? Huh why is he crying? Joshua is this is some sick joke ill skin you alive for this. "Are you alright?" I asked and tried waking him up. His eyes fluttered open and for a moment we just stared at each other before I cleared my throat and looked away.

But then his sobs got louder.

I faced him again.

"Hey Joshua. What's wrong? Did you get hurt or something?" He started to cry louder, I sighed. I pry his hands off of me and helped him sit as he lay against the cold wall. I sat in front of him and watched him cry his eyes out for a proximately five minutes or so before he ran out of tears and he wiped his tears strained cheeks.

His eyes were puffy and his nose was red, I suddenly felt sorry for him in that state. I don't know what's going on with him but seeing him now I realize that he's human too and had emotions too. Out of nowhere I felt a pang in my heart and an immense guilt engulfed me like waves. The way Joshua is right now weighed me down so I did what I never what I would ever do with him. I gave him a hug. His arms held me tightly as he began crying again, bawling his eyes out while I patted his back and rubbed his back in a soothing manner.

"It's okay Joshua. Everything will be fine." I assured him, holding him tighter feeling as if he would slip out of my hold at any moment now. He held onto me tighter as well as his cries began to soften bit by bit.

"W...water."

"Oh right." I slowly placed him back against the wall and rushed towards the mini fridge where I snatched a bottle of water and ran over to him. I handed him the bottle of water and helped him drink it so he won't spill it everywhere. After he drank the whole bottle he brought his knees to his chest and sighs, his arm reaching in towards his suit and rummaging in one of the pockets before pulling out a pair of glasses.

He puts them on and I tilted my head sideways, my eyes widened in surprise as I remembered something. He looks like himself in the Polaroid Chan gave me.

"I'm sorry." I shot my head towards him and Joshua was looking at me with a sad expression painted on his facial features, his glasses were drooping from his nose a bit as I batted my eyes in confusion. "I..." he stopped, then he took my hand by surprise and pulled me in a hug again. I was stuck again in his arms but this time I had no clue what to do or how to react.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for giving you a hard time, for being a bad husband and for just neglecting you. I...never meant for such things to happen so I'm sorry I ruined your life, dreams and aspirations by marrying you when I knew you didn't want to. I'm sorry." He softly said, his voice was gently and for this time in awhile I could feel his sincerity so instinctively I wrapped my arms around his torso catching him off guard as I smiled into his chest.

I pulled away a bit from him to see his face.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have treated you like that and I should've been a better wife. You were a victim in this case too and I should've been with you since day one since we were both the same. I hope you can forgive me for how I acted and um...I guess you can say I forgive you for everything so um....I don't hate you I guess? But hey! Don't think just because I'm saying this doesn't mean I love you as in....a l...lover or s...something." I grew red. Joshua chuckled at my reaction and I looked up at him while pouting.

"I forgive you too, don't worry I don't expect you to just love me immediately like that but hey...we can always work on it right?" With that he slammed his lips against mine and before I knew it I kissed him back.

______
10