Chapter 5; Ballistic

Chapter five

Chapter five

"Ballistic: Relating to projectiles or their flight."
#StopIslamophobia
__________________________

CLUTCHED hands and rising anger rushing through his veins faster than he could even process why he was even there in the first place, it's not his business to meddle and certainly he was not in the position to deny her happiness because he knew why he chose to marry her and he knew that acting like this is fatal. Joshua, three years older than the once optimistic Y/N who turned cold because of the events that took place in her life had always kept an eye on her. They both studied at the same schools for years, same career choices and of course had the same classes but the only difference was that he was shy, she was easy going. He was insecure, she was confident but most he was an introvert while she was extroverted until during time of high school that's when everything took a 180 turn around for the worse.

He of course didn't have any feelings for the girl except admiration and her ability to fight even when she was chained up, it sparked an interest in him and so he watched her for years and how she turned from being the sunshine to the darkness no one wanted to be in.

But that didn't matter to him, he watched and watched and for days his only highlight of every day that went by in his life was her. It might seem absurd and obsessed  but he just never had the guts to even approach her because he knew that he was different. High grades, loving home and looks that were either a blessing or a curse and he hated himself for his actions but it's an act to put up so he could keep a distance from her. To say he started liking her wasn't out of the question because it was obvious yet he kept up the same ridiculous act just to avoid getting his heart shattered.

It's funny how a player is trying to avoid getting his heart broken but he breaks many hearts of those who loves him.

Until that one day when they both became the official CEO's of both family companies, inherited all the wealth and fortune and of course seeing as both family were acknowledged of each other and were good friends it's not surprising to immerse both companies into one and so that's when his father told him one day that he had an offer, to marry the daughter of his friend. Joshua pretended to be cool but deep down he was ecstatic, finally the one who he had been liking for years would finally be his and they would be the happiest together is what he thought until they met.

———

"Kanade! Yui! What a pleasant surprise to finally see you two again after a decade, looks like you two are still mushy mushy huh?" Joshua's father, Yuta greeted his friends along with his sister who was like Joshua's second mom. They all exchanged hugs and sat down, that's when Joshua entered the room with Y/N as they both looked at each other each other.

This was the first time he had ever stared into her eyes, have her closer than five meters and to see her up close. It felt like something so amazing to him.

"Oh Y/N."

"Josh, come on."

The two dads called out to them from the place where they sat, the two broke eye contact and complied while walking over to their family's. "Yuta, this is my daughter Y/N." Y/N politely shook hands with ren who seemed quite fond of her already and Joshua pleasantly nodded silently to himself before his father introduced him as well.
"Well kanade, this is my son Joshua. You two met once before when we first started our business alongside." Kanade nodded and nodded firmly at Joshua who returned the gesture, then after introductions the two were instructed to sit down.

"This is important news and I hope you two can make our wishes come true since it's about time we retire, right pal?"

"That's true, Joshua and Y/N from today onwards you guys are fiancées and the wedding shall take place at the end of this month before you takeover the companies. This is not a contract but to immerse both companies together in one, Now is everything clear?" This made Joshua beam in happiness inside, his eyes twinkled in pure excitement and he held back the urge to smile and scream. On the other hand he didn't notice the hurt, betrayal and tension that Y/N felt during that moment. "Now then, you two lovebirdies go do whatever you two want because we have a very important family discussion to do."

"Yes father." Joshua nodded and he watched as Y/N stood up first, without a glance went outside gloomy. Confused and curious he decided to follow her and forget his guitar practice he was planning on doing and trailed behind her to the garden, 'the garden? Why is she going here?' He thought and kept a good distance from the girl who was surrounded by nature.
Flowers surrounded her making her look like a princess amongst the beauties of this earth, his heart softened and he smiled warmly. He wanted to approach her, talk to her and laugh with her but he stopped halfway and what he saw made his heart unknowingly clench in pain as it started shattering bit by bit.

She collapsed on her knees, crushing down a few flowers and began to cry out loudly. Not cries of happiness or excitement but cries of pain, pain that was bottled inside of her for years that she put up with the torment her father put her through behind closed doors.

Joshua felt the need to go and comfort her, ask her what's wrong and that they will solve it together but after taking a few steps closer, close enough to hear her say something painful he held back and knew that what he was about to do will make him hate himself for being selfish after choosing such decisions.

Decisions he chose because that's when he realized he fell in love with her but she wasn't and never will be and it broke his heart just like what he was trying to avoid for years. Y/N held up her arm to her face and after another loud sob starting saying in the most broken tone,

"I wish to die, to be free from this torture and I don't want to be married to a guy who's a selfish, wealthy person that dad chose. Only for the sake of a higher success. I hate myself for not putting up a fight before it came to this and I hate him for agreeing to this marriage that was obviously a contract. Hong Joshua, you're screw up!" She threw her summer hat away, ripped her necklace and took off the ugly tiger skin Gucci shoes that made her feel unworthy than she already is. Joshua turned around, sullenly before putting a mask on and his act that was once meant to broken is being reenacted again just for a reason his broken heart chose.

"I'm  sorry Y/N, this is for your happiness."

———
5