2| Chapter 22; Joshua's past

#StopIslamophobiaChapter twenty two ———————————————|Joshua's past|

#StopIslamophobia
Chapter twenty two
———————————————
|Joshua's past|

ONLY six years old the little boy, who's mom had just been taken away from him stood at her grave with tears in his eyes and held onto his aunt's hand. His mom was a beautiful woman, elegant but most importantly a wonderful mother that taught little Joshua the importance of life, love and that money doesn't buy everything in life. Now with her gone he was left alone with his workaholic father, an aunt who he never met before and nothing to look forward to in his life. Many kids his age lived carefree, happily without a single doubt in their minds but he, he couldn't and had to carry an unknown burden on his shoulders without the support of anyone by his side. Not until he lost his mother and everything changed 360 degrees around.

"Joshua come here." He looked up, to see his father towering over his small figure and peering down at him.

"Yes father?" The boy weakly called out, letting go of his aunt's hand and facing his father. He withdrawn his attention from his surroundings, focusing mostly on the man in front of him who was now crouching down. "I'm sorry son. Daddy has to go. But I'm sure you're in great hands of Auntie, be a good boy okay? I love you son." He ruffled his hair causing the little boy to nod, taking hesitant steps towards his father and wrapping his little arms around his father's neck. "I love you too daddy, please be safe." His dad chuckled, rubbing his son's back. Despite the tears in his eyes the older man was very surprised on how his son took the news in of his mom's passing rather well. He didn't put up a fight nor throw a tantrum.

The boy simple nodded, tears rolling down and requested to see his mom being buried.

"I'll be going, take care of josh." His sister nodded, picking up the little boy and putting him on her hip as the two watched the older man walk away from the scene with his briefcase along with other people in nicely pressed outfits.

Deep inside his little heart Joshua wanted to run to his father, hug him and tell him that he's scared that he will lose also but kept quiet and stayed next to his aunt.

"Come on, let's go home okay?" He nodded, his aunt walked over to the car. Placed him in the backseat before getting into the passenger seat as she buckled the seatbelt and started driving. The way home took about twenty minutes and so long it was just quiet in the car, with no ever uttering a single word. Arriving at the Hong residence, she quickly stepped out and rushed over to get Joshua before closing the door and locking it. She walked up to the porch, took the keys out and opened the doors before walking inside the big empty and now cold house.

Without his sister in law here anymore, things were cold and lonely. After all she was the light of the Hongs, always had a way to warm someone's heart and put a smile on their face.