3|chapter 45; Liability

Chapter forty five————————————————————#StopIslamophobiaLiability: state of being legally responsible for something

Chapter forty five
————————————————————
#StopIslamophobia
Liability: state of being legally responsible for something

AS the evening started to make it's way through, the sun going down beautiful with her streaks of orange hues in the sky, I was on the balcony with a bowl of chocolates in hand while watching the sun in silence as I enjoyed the peaceful chirping and background noise of the neighbors who were outside including my brother with his electric scooter. Not going to lie I'm genuinely surprised of his obsession with that thing but nonetheless could care less. A couple of thuds caught my attention as I swiftly turned around to the sliding doors, Joshua was behind me with widened eyes and a and embarrassed painted face.
I raised my eyebrow in suspicion, a smug appearing on my face as he let out a breath of disappointment.

"What were you up to?" I asked, Joshua pouted as he walked towards me and entrapped me in between his arms.

"I wanted to surprise you." He confessed, a small sheepish smile on his face as he looked down into my eyes. I stared into his for a bit before rolling my eyes in response. "You're like a kid." I mumbled. "But you clearly love this kid." He grinned.

This made me smile, he has a point.

Joshua stood next to me and we both watched the sun saying goodbye with her last rays before the first few stars appeared. "Look, the moon!" I gasped in surprise. It was a full moon and it was truly a sight to behold. Joshua chuckled. He placed a hand on top of my head and moved closer to where our sides were touching.

"You're more beautiful."

I let out a scoff. "Joshua, I will rip your eyes out of those sockets if you say that one more time." I warned, nudging his side as he laughed in response. "But I'm just saying the truth!" He let out in between his laughter.

I stopped, looked at him before laughing along too.

"Stop being corny." I deadpanned, hitting his chest softly before walking away and opening the sliding doors, I interned the room and settled on the couch with a sigh of relief. It truly is a blessing to finally sit down on something soft after standing for a long ass time. "Alhamdullilah (Praise be to god) it's so chilly out there." Joshua walked inside, I nodded and patted the place beside me for him to sit down. Joshua sat down next to me and sling an arm over my shoulders pulling me closer to him, we both looked at each other in silence before I smiled, I took the remote and turned on the tv so we can watch something.

I felt a pair of soft lips press against my cheeks, immediately hear rose up to my cheeks at the sudden action as I stammered over at him while Joshua just smirked. He knew damn well that it would get me flustered, that cunning smooth bastard so I returned the favor, my way.