3| Chapter 43; Apology

Chapter forty three———————————#StopIslamophobiaApology: a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure

Chapter forty three
———————————
#StopIslamophobia
Apology: a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure.

I couldn't sleep at all, as the clock strikes my prayer time I scrambled across the floor to the bathroom where I washed my face, get it together. Feeling refreshed I sighed, taking my bath towel before stepping into the shower. While showering I kept thinking about endless thoughts, my mind was in a loop and I didn't notice the door opening and closing. I turned off the shower, dried myself off before walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. I sighed when I laid my eyes on the empty bed before walking into my closet to find my clothes.

I prayed, hoping that my negative thoughts won't get the best of me and that I should trust in god, Josh and the process. I know it will be a long ride but if it is something that we as a married couple could overcome then I'm willing to fight.

After finishing i folded my prayer materials, stood up and hid them in my drawer before taking out my socks out of the closet and slipping them on. I got out of the closet, eyes on my socks that made me smile for some reason because of the silly drawings before I bumped into a hard chest. Startled I looked up to see a tired looking Joshua. "Josh?" I called out, he opened his eyes and hummed in response as he walked past me into the closet. At this point I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms but the second he got out and walked up to me, he hugged me softly before disappearing into the bathroom I let out a sigh before deciding it was best not to question him. So I went downstairs to prepare breakfast. Once I entered I took out the loaf of bread, toasted a few before putting them onto two plates and then grabbing two glasses and then filling them up with orange juice. I had some leftover chicken stew that Jaeyi's mom had made for us yesterday but I couldn't finish everything so I stored it in the fridge.

I warmed up the rice, scooped some into a bowl and brought it to the table as I took a seat. I contemplated wether or not I should wait for josh. I don't even know if he is going to have some breakfast because he looks tired.

"Waiting for me?" I snapped out of my trance and looked up, Joshua was folding the ends of his sweater as he sat down next to me wearing a smile. "Uh yeah, have you eaten already?" I asked, not really knowing what to say when I remembered the events that took place a few hours ago. It was the first time in a while he had ever raised his voice at me angrily, he was usually very calm and knew how to handle situations better than I do but I guess working 24/7 for the past three weeks nonstop really put him on edge.

"I'm sorry love." I stopped, I hope we don't end up fighting. Joshua softly grabbed my hand that was on the table and lightly squeezed it, I slowly met his eyes to see guilt and regret evident. "What for?" My nerves were slowly getting calmed the second I looked into his eyes. Cringe I know. He sighed, caressing my hand with both hands as he looked at me sadly. "I shouldn't have yelled at you, I was just mentally tired and I guess it was my last straw I..I'm truly sor—"