3| Chapter 51; Escapism

Chapter fifty one—————————————————#StopIslamophobia

Chapter fifty one
—————————————————
#StopIslamophobia

Escapism: mental diversion from unpleasant or boring aspects of daily life, typically through activities involving imagination or entertainment. Escapism also may be used to occupy one's self away from persistent feelings of depression or general sadness.

"Y/N Are you really sure about this?" Dad asked, concern laced his words as he held my hand. I was finally discharged, still a bit weak but I was holding on with my remaining strength. "It's his choice dad." I uttered, masking my true emotions with a forced smile. Dad inspected my face but I quickly looked away as we went back home. "Any news yet?" Dad shook his head sadly.

"No." I averted my eyes. Blinking away any tears.

The divorcement will take place over two days. After crying my eyes out days ago once i heard the news I felt more empty than ever. I had so many unanswered questions but when I searched through the file I came across a letter.

It was a letter of how Joshua truly felt about me. Hate, anger and frustrated were seeping out of the words and it almost made me not want to believe that the man I love wrote such harsh things but reality is often disappointing. Even so I still couldn't change my feelings.

I fell in love too hard.

We made it home and I got out, looking at the house that was filled with me and Joshua. It was our humble abode but now it was just a memory of the past.

"Y/N!" I was engulfed into a pair of arms as they hugged me tightly. I hugged back. "Jae..." i finally let go and gathered the courage to look the older woman as she had tears streaming down her cheeks. "No no don't I..I'm sorry my love!" She cried out. I raised my eyebrow at her and gave her a small smile.

"Jaeyi why are you sorry?" I cupped her face gently. This only made her cry more as she held my other hand.

"I should've hit him a...and make him lick the ground be..because y..you d...didn't deserve this!" She mustered out. I sighed. "Jaeyi my signature is already on it, there's nothing I can do." She grabbed my hands. "You need to fight Y/N! You love him, don't you?" I looked down.

"Yeah but it seems he doesn't." I softly answered. She stomped with her feet like a little kid.

"No this doesn't make sense! I know he loves you and I'm always right."

"Maybe this time it's different." I intervened.

"Nothing good lasts forever on this earth. I've accepted that he wants that and I'm just going to give him what he wants. There's nothing left for me to fight for...I lost my baby." I felt my tears coming out but I held back.

"Y/N..." I stopped her.

"No Jae. It's over. I can't keep fighting anymore. I'm tired, I just can't deal with losing everything I love all over again. I lost my mom and my grandma all in once and then my dad changed into this monster. I had to suffer because my brother left and my home life became crap. All the friends I had only hung out with me because I was rich and I lost myself. I lost my baby and now I lost Joshua. The one thing I can't bare to lose but here I am."It was too late. My tears were steaming down my cheeks now.