3| Chapter 50; Drought

Chapter fifty—————————————————#StopIslamophobia

Chapter fifty
—————————————————
#StopIslamophobia

Drought: a prolonged period of abnormally low rainfall, leading to a shortage of water.

EMPTINESS was what i felt that entire time after hearing news of my child, ever since I've been crying myself to sleep. I was devastated. Shotaro would come daily to take care of me and Eun woo would drop by with some fresh flowers, dad would visit and try to make me smile by showing me old pictures of us yet all I could do was weep and feel lifeless.

It came to a point where no tears would come out anymore. I didn't know what to feel. Once I got the cue from the doctor that I'm allowed to move around I took the opportunity to pray. I did ablution, washing every part and then dressing myself into my prayer clothes before laying the prayer mat flat on the floor.

"Allahu Akbar."

***

"Oh ya rabb, I seek refuge in you. I seek forgiveness and guidance, protection from jahannam and permission to enter Jannah al firdaus, oh ya rabb please grant me peace within my heart and mind. Ameen." I ended my prayer and took my time, sitting there in silence as the memories keep replaying in my head. Most people turn to drugs, alcohol or anything to escape from the pain that I'm feeling or at least the emptiness inside, however I turn to my god. And right now I need him the most. I felt so lost. I sighed, basking in the silence with my tear strained cheeks as I blankly stared in front of me.

"Remain patient, Y/N. Indeed Allah swt is with the patient." I whispered to myself. Calming myself down as I closed my eyes.
I stayed Like that for a good while before deciding to get up, I folded my prayer mat and walked outside to the little balcony.

It was midnight, the lights of most houses were lit and the streets were all empty except for the dogs walking around looking for food or a shelter, perhaps a love from an owner. Despite having everything i felt at my lowest, not knowing if there was gonna be a day if this pain is gonna disappear. However when i looked up, the moon proudly presented itself amongst the beautiful sparkles in the sky we call stars. A sudden image flashed by, his smile. Joshua's warm comforting smile that always puts me at ease, his adoring eyes that always look at me like i am the only one alive, he was right there and here i was. I couldn't give up, no matter where i find myself, i have someone to return to.

Please wake up my love.

***

It's been a week, a long week of getting myself back on track with the help of my loved ones. In those days Eun woo was a big help, if my brother and father was unable to come, he would be there and made sure I was safe. He would bring flowers for me, food and also whatever I needed he made sure to get it for me. I was forever grateful. "Are you alright?" I snapped out of my daze, Eun woo's concerned eyes looked into mine as he held a bouquet in his hands.