Chapter 16; Delicate

#StopIslamophobia______________________Chapter sixteen"Delicate: Easily broken or damaged; Fragile

#StopIslamophobia
______________________
Chapter sixteen
"Delicate: Easily broken or damaged; Fragile."

MY room was what I needed after a long time in the plane, immediately after entering I plopped down onto the bed and didn't even bother to shower or anything and just straight up fell asleep. The jet lag was getting to me. After a few hours later my phone rang a couple of times disturbing my sleep.I woke up and checked who it was. The caller ID was unknown so I just shut my phone off and then looked at the time before getting out of bed and getting ready.

I forgot that we had dinner in a few minutes. I heaved a sigh and quickly got ready quietly.

It took less than twenty minutes to get into at least something decent, style my head wrap and then contemplate wether or not to put light makeup or go bare. So I went with the second option considering I had no energy in me to go sit in front of the mirror just to adjust my face with cosmetics. A knock on the door distracted me from fixing my outfit and I walked towards the door to see Joshua standing there. "Josh, what's up?" I asked. He looked up and then sighed.

"Y...your father is here." He mumbled.

I widened my eyes, I pushed him aside and walked to the hallway then down the stairs before coming to a halt when I saw my father standing in his outrageous designed outfit in the middle of the house. "Father?" I called out and he looked at me.

"Oh. Finally you are here. I just came by to inform you that I want you and Joshua going on this gala event hosted by an old friend of mine. I don't take no for an answer. That's all." I put my hand up to say something but he narrowed his eyes at me and I gulped, slowly dropping it next to me. With that he walked out of the house and left just like that. As much as I hate how my father acts and his thirst for money, I still love him and it hurts to be constantly reminded that I'm nothing but a tool to bring assets in. But that's how it always had been. And always will be. Suddenly a hand held mine as I slowly looked up at Joshua who smiled down at me and then pulled me in a hug.

"Why didn't you say anything." He asked. Rubbing my back and I sighed.

"I guess I thought he missed me." I whispered. Joshua's grip around me tightened and he held me like that for awhile before I gently pulled away and he looked at me. His eyes softened at my face as he fixed my head wrap for me.
"You look beautiful today, now come on. Don't let your father get in the way of letting you enjoy your first date night with your new friend." He commented, a small smile appeared on my face as I watched him try so hard to be careful with his words and not to force me or anything.

My heart softened at that.

I always saw Joshua as an arrogant jerk who was nothing more than a spoiled brat who works his way up by taking advantage of his drop dead gorgeous looks but tonight the man in front of me was nothing more than a man who gently comforted his wife and was genuinely worried.

"Thank you Joshua. I'm sorry, I...I'm sorry for dragging you along with me. I'm sure my dad makes it hard for you too." He chuckled. "Yeah playing golf for at least from 9pm  to 3am in his private condo in ridiculously expensive and horrible looking suites." Joshua smiled and I giggled. That sounds like him alright. "But I don't regret it." I hummed, knitted my eyebrows in confusion as his face suddenly turned serious. "I don't regret marrying you because well, you're one of the most bravest, smartest and kindest person I've ever met. And for once you're the only who doesn't throw herself on me all the time but instead throws insults at me." He laughed at the last part as I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Even though I've treated you horribly I have never felt to notice how hard you worked to get your father to entrust the company to you and I think that you're just really amazing how you're still standing despite how your father is treating you so I'm just saying that you should appreciate yourself more you know." I smiled warmly at him. This is is first time anyone has ever said that to me and the fact that my used to be cruel husband who was now a kind repenting sweet guy said it made me feel embarrassed but happy and proud.

"So even if you break every single time, just know that me Seungcheol and jaeyi and...ugh I guess Dino too will be with you to help you up." This sentence was the final straw and my heart started to tear apart. My eyes brimmed and I started to cry. Joshua didn't seem surprised but he expected it from the looks of it and comforted me again by pulling me into a hug again and making silly cheesy jokes. I laughed and cried at the same and almost choked on my saliva. Joshua panicked and quickly patted my back. "Ugh jisoo, you really are a smooth guy with words." I groan and he laughed.

A smug expression painted his face as he obnoxiously laughed while I punched him again to stop but laughed along with him too.

He took my hand in his, his eyes looked into mine as i started to stop laughing before he leaned in and I closed my eyes. Is he going to kiss me? No, instead I felt soft lips against my forehead and I opened my eyes to see Joshua. Blushing madly while covering his face.

Cute.

Special chapter for a very amazing person from India! Good luck Nikki!

______
16