Chapter 12; Nostalgia

Chapter twelve"Nostalgia: A sentimentality for the past, typically for a period or a place with happy associations

Chapter twelve
"Nostalgia: A sentimentality for the past, typically for a period or a place with happy associations."
#StopIslamophobia
_______________

"Dino?" We both turned our heads in the direction of the voice to see Joshua standing there with a shocked and surprised expression while the woman from before stood right next to him. I looked at Chan to see him mirroring the same expression as Joshua and I batted my eyes in confusion. "Shua hyung? Wahhh.." the two ran up to each other and engulfed into an embrace as they smiled happily.
After what seemed forever the two finally let go and still with bright smiles. "What're you doing here Dino-ah. I haven't seen you in years!" Joshua exclaimed, playfully punching the boy's chest as he laughed in return.

"I could say the same to you but sadly I'm here on a business trip. Also can I ask what are you doing here, Jae?" Chan asked the woman next to joshua and my brows knitted in even more confusion.

"Well here to catch up with a dear old ex of mine and see my new lover perhaps, little brother. What's that to you anyways?" She sneered, I gasped. If he's her little brother then that means I just insulted his older sister, gosh Y/N you and your mouth can never seem to shut up can you. I covered my mouth in surprise as the three started to catch while I slowly and secretly fled from the scene.

"Are you alright Y/N? You look pale." I shrieked when Seungcheol appeared in front of me out of nowhere and almost tumbled backwards as I managed to swiftly catch myself before hurting myself. Seungcheol gave me a worried expression as he studied my face once more, "Yeah I'm okay Seungcheol." I assured the man who seemed to not buy it at all as he just stared at me while I kept glancing at the three not far from us. "You know Dino?" He then asked, I slowly nodded. I sat down next to him on the benches as we both looked at them in silence before Seungcheol spoke up again.

"I still can't believe she came yesterday." This made my eyebrow raise at him as I slowly looked at him to see him staring at Chan's sister.

"Do you know her too?" Seungcheol smiled, he nodded and shyly blushed making me intrigued at the reaction he had just made. "She's Dino's older sister and we are childhood best friends of each other." He sighed, he smiled at sadly. I watched as he clasped his hands together and fiddled with the ends of his buttoned up shirt while he kept his gaze on her. Did something happen between them to make him looks so pained like that?

Now that I think about it, she mentioned she was seeing an ex of hers...could she perhaps mean him?

I've heard about stories between two best friends who like each other but then fall out of love and then everything just becomes so awkward to the point they end their friendship with each other, I wonder if his reaction had something to do with a situation like this?

"But...I'm sure she'll be better off without me." He whispers softly, he sighed and looked up at the sky hurriedly. I turned to look at the three again to see them approach us, instantly I panicked and tried to hide behind Seungcheol but it was no use as Chan called out to me quickly and ran up to me so I just sat there awkwardly. "Ah Seungcheol hyung! What a shock seeing you. Do you know Y/N here too? What a small world." Chan giggled to himself, Seungcheol smiled but something about his smile seemed a bit off as he laid eyes on his sister again. I kept silence as Chan continued to bring up past memories and such, the two males laughing along with his sister but I remain awkwardly staring off at the distance.

"Y/N so what's your relationship with this hyung? Is he your husband?" Chan wriggled his eyebrows, I widened my eyes as Seungcheol cleared his throat. "No no you've got it all wrong, I'm still single like always..." he trailed off, he and Chan's sister locked eyes together as he spoke up again. "I'm just Joshua's personal pa, their driver and in other words a modern butler." Chan eyes twinkled after he finished his speech, I breathed in relief. "Wow that's so cool! Is that true shua hyung—Wait a minute their driver?" Chan asked in confusion. But before he could interpret it out loud Joshua cut him off as he moved towards my side and I looked up at him in confusion.

"I'm her husband." Chan gasped, both in horror and shock.

"I'm so sorry hyung...I didn't know. I hit on your wife and brought her on a date." I sighed, I wouldn't say a date it was nothing more than just a drive through the night and probably to ditch that boring evening with snobby rich people. "Oh so you're the guy who brought my precious princess away on that evening without my permission, huh? You're lucky we know each other and I know you wouldn't do such a thing so be grateful kid." Chan laughed.

Joshua grabbed my waist and moved me closer to him, I gave him a look of suspicion.

What is he doing now?

Joshua just smiled at me, leaned down and whispered into my ear. "Were you jealous of me?" I gasped but his grip around me got tighter. I laughed, pushing him off slightly before giving him an eye roll. "Please don't flatter yourself there, Mr.Hong." He narrowed his eyes at me after his smile dropped. I chuckled, "oh please I heard from Chan how you felt when I didn't acknowledge you." He said.

I turned to look at him, he was pouting but he refuses to make eye contact with me.

"Yeah I was, happy now? How am I supposed to feel when last night you started crying and apologized to me and the next morning you became a jerk again and start ignoring by hanging out with a hot bimbo." Joshua laughed, he glanced at the group for a bit and noticed they were to conversed in their conversation to notice the two of them so he pulled me into a hug.

I protested, putting my hands up his chest and trying to push him away but he just hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry okay? Please forgive, jealous little princess...I'm your husband, I won't go anywhere." He laughed, I stopped protesting and just laid my chin on his shoulder as I listened to his breathing pattern. "I wasn't jealous in that way...I was just upset." I muttered.

Joshua let go of me and patted my head, "I was only being with her because come here..." he motioned over to the three and pointed at her and Seungcheol while I followed his lead and looked at the direction he was pointing at. "Those two are in love but because of my messed up communication with her, Seungcheol thinks that she doesn't like him back but likes a rich guy because Seungcheol is in a lower hierarchy." I frowned.

"But that's so cliche."

"It sure is and she snatch me away to vent over how she can't get over Seungcheol...now why don't we both just give them a little push towards their love life. What do you say? After all if we want our marriage to work, let's work on our friendship?" I thought about it but realized how Seungcheol looked at her and how because if a simple misunderstanding he decided to let go when in reality they both are pained by one another and plus I've nothing to lose so why not so I stuck out my hand, Joshua did the same and we both shook hands while nodding at each other.

_______
12