Chapter 18; Admiration

Chapter eighteen"Admiration: respect and warm approval

Chapter eighteen
"Admiration: respect and warm approval."

#Stopislamophobia
_______________

"JAE, we're leaving. Where are you?" Seungcheol called out as he walked out of the hallways and into the garden with Joshua trailing behind him. They both looked at us who looked at them in confusion as to why we were in the garden so late in the night when it was also freezing cold without any source of jackets or any thick clothing on us. "I guess that's my cue, good night Y/N. Text me okay and take care of josh?" I nodded, she held her pink up and I held hers.

"I promise Jae." I whispered over to her as a big grin appeared on her face before walking to Seungcheol who held her coat up for her to wear.

I walked to the three and stood there. "Then goodnight Josh Y/N, I'll see you tomorrow for the business meeting of course josh but Y/N farewell and until we see each other again which probably won't be long." Seungcheol added with a smile as he held Jae in his arms. I smiled and we greeted the two lovebirds and watched them exit from the backdoor to the parking area where they had parked their car outside. "You coming inside?" Josh asked.

I shook my head, "Yeah in a minute, I'll just be here for a bit to clear my head." He nodded and didn't question anything before leaving.

After awhile I started to shiver and decided to head inside, lock the doors and windows before going up the stairs to see josh laying on the couch sleeping. I let out a chuckle. I went and started to wake him up. "Jisoo, wake up." He opened his eyes tiredly and groaned and then muttered something like sore muscles before getting up from the couch. "You took awhile." He said in a very groggy tone as he rubbed his eyes to get a better vision and I nodded. "Yeah it helped clear my mind tho, why? Were you perhaps waiting?" I teased him but instead of refusing he answered yes and slumped over to the bedroom leaving me stunned in the hallway.

I shook my head. Clearing my mind a bit before walking inside. Joshua was sleeping already. Being careful not to disturb him since he looked really tired I tiptoe to the bed and crept in, laying beside him and cautiously trying not to crush his arm.

Successful I managed to lay comfortably and I turned to my right side, my back facing Joshua and looked at the wall and then to the clock then back to the wall. Come on Y/N, you need to sleep. I shut my eyes. Hoping to fall asleep only to find myself opening them again and sighing. I felt a shuffle behind and Joshua tapped me on the shoulder. "Come here, maybe this will help." He held his arms open. I looked at him and hesitated but seeing his half asleep expression and the effort to get me to asleep too made me move closer and wrapped my arms around his waist.

The same feeling of safety, warmth and comfort washes over me and the way he rubbed my back with the smell of vanilla which was his shower gel perhaps hit my nostrils I felt sleepy. My eyes started to get droopy and before I knew it I was out.

After I finished praying I headed downstairs and put on my bucket hat that jaeyi had given me the night before as a present and though I'm not a hat person this bucket had got me swooning. I fixed my outfit quickly, grabbed my keys and then went outside before going to my car. It took some time but I managed to get on the highway, avoid traffic and take some shady looking shortcuts which I'm familiar with and stop at the all too familiar building. The fujioka Company. The place of nothing but coldness. I entered the building and walked inside, immediately noticing how the workers quickly scattered across the place to their desks and others scurried away.

They still are afraid of me...correction afraid of my father.

"Young miss Y/N. Welcome back, how was your vacation off?" My secretary, Yunhi, asked with a bright genuine smile as she made her way towards me holding a clipboard. I headed a sigh, took the file from her extended hand and flipped through the pages. "More or less confidential...how was everything around here? Any new update?" I asked, signing the papers quickly before closing it and then giving it back to her as we walked into the main office. "Not that I know of no, your father did however request your attendance for the business meeting worth a investment deal of over 100 million worth of dollars." I sat down.

I placed my phone on the counter and turned the laptop on as yunhi searched for the documents needed for the next meeting to pitch some new ideas that could brew well amongst teens.

"According to my research most teens ranging from the age of 12 to 19 use social media, which means that we could either collaborate with one of the most used apps or we could forge into and invest a new app for launch." I nodded, "I'll think throughly yunhi, for the time being ask the developers to bring spontaneous ideas by the end of the week and also when did my father say  the meeting was?" Yunhi looked at her schedule board. "Tomorrow. I see a gala has been scheduled alongside as well...Is this perhaps from your father by any means too?"

I spun around in my chair, sighing while saying yes before stopping and then checking my phone to see what time it is.

"Y/N, as a friend side I advise you to not take it too hard on yourself okay? You're one of the most hardworking and respectful CEO's I've ever worked for and for once you never look down on others like your father so please give yourself some credit, hun." I smiled. Where did I hear those exact words again?

"You should appreciate yourself more you know."

A big grin appeared on my face, "thank you Yunhi, I will and also I brought you some cupcakes that I had ordered from the bakery...go share it with the others." Yunhi looked at me in surprise, her eyes wide and she blinked at me. "Are you okay Y/N?" I tilted my head in confusion, "Yeah why?" I asked. She took off her glasses, wiped it clean and put it back on and stared at me before furrowing her eyebrows. "What changed you so much, hun? You look glowing fresh! I like that! Thank you btw!" I sat in silence.

Her words playing in my head.

I changed? But before I could even think my phone rand and I quickly picked up without checking the caller ID. "Um hello?" I called out, it was silent on the other line before a series of shuffles were heard and then a familiar voice spoke up. "Good morning to you too Y/N. How's your day going so far? Sorry I can't have lunch today and I'll be late so I won't make it to dinner, my client demands that I go on this tournament with them so they could show something important I guess." I snorted.

"Looks like you are having fun, jisoo." I commented, he laughed.

"Yeah, okay I'll go now. See you and don't stay up too late when I'm not home yet." I giggled, "mmh I'll think about it? Bye." He was about to protest but I quickly said goodbye so he just sighed and said goodbye as well before hanging up.