Chapter 13; Nurture

#StopIslamophobia____________________Chapter thirteen"Nurture: care for and protect (someone or something) while they're growing

#StopIslamophobia
____________________
Chapter thirteen
"Nurture: care for and protect (someone or something) while they're growing."

I promised Joshua that I would try to befriend Chan's sister who's name is Jaeyi but goes by the name of Jae as I had made my way back to my room after finishing a hearty meal by myself after Joshua had told the others to accompany him for something else while I stayed back. I offered to stay alone because despite not knowing a lot about Hawaii, I love my alone time and I'm good with directions and memorize things easily so being on my own always never really brought me into a pickle. With everything going on and all I opened my closet and picked out a pink onesie Jae had brought for all of us...mine was pink, I don't like pink but I hate saying no to cute gifts.

"Y/N. You in there?" I raised myself up after putting the onesie one and walked over to the intercom.

"Joshua? Hey, what's up." I greeted him, tying back my hair into a bun as I opened the door and he walked inside with a smile. "Sorry to barge in but...Chan and his sister went to bed already and Seungcheol went to get something so I brought some snacks that you like." He said, holding up bags of snacks and I smiled at him before taking it from his hands. "Thank you, Josh." I thanked him as he sat down on the chair while I took some drinks from the fridge.

"Y/N....do you like Chan?" I choked on my chip, immediately he sat up from laying down and asked if I was okay but I told him I'm good and sat down while passing him his drink. "Why are you asking?" I asked, confused as to why he asked such a peculiar question out of nowhere.

"No...nothing, I guess he really likes you?" He scratched the back of his head, he loosened his tie and I gulped down my drink. "I can't say I like him in a you know romantic way but I mean he's a really great guy." I shrugged, taking a chip from the bag as he ruffled his hair and we watched the tv for a minute before he spoke again. "Oh." He said. A smile crept up to his face and for some reason he looked....relief? Anyways. "Since we're on the topic of the lee siblings...what's your relationship with Jae. And what did you mean by messed up communication or sum. You friends and benefits or something." His face turned pale.

Did I just hit bingo.

"I...I wouldn't call it that." He muttered, sinking lower in his seat.

I scooter closer to him, my face an inch near him. "You sure because from the way you're acting right now I'd say you got down there countless times already. I know that it's normal to have intercourse out of wedlock nowadays but I don't support it, call me old fashioned or whatever." I flailed my hands.

He sighed, looked at me and then sighed again. I raised my eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"No...I actually never touched a woman in that way before, yes I've fooled with them but it had nothing been more than just kisses and hugs. Women always used me as a rebound, comforter or just a substitute to make their exes jealous because after all I was all males standard of perfection but my life was far from that. On the day I asked Seungcheol to be my assistant he agreed and during that time he was dating jaeyi however during one of their fights she ran to me and I had no idea what to do so I comforted her but she kissed me and right then he came in. After that they broke up and she never saw him again because Seungcheol refuses to see her and yeah." He said in a very low tone that my heart kind of ached for him.

I reached out to him and held his face, his eyes widened but he looked at me and narrowed his eyes.

"And for all this time I thought you were just a rich stuck up playboy who wanted nothing more but to take women's virginity. Hehe....how foolish of me." I scratched my head. He smiled at me and for a moment we stared at each other for a second before I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Oh yeah I forgot...." I looked up at him. "You look cute in that outfit I chose." He chuckled and I flushed red.

"You chose it?" I asked in confusion. He nodded.

"Yeah I was helping jaeyi out picking her gifts. I know you prefer yellow but I thought pink would like cute on you and I was right!" He replied proudly, checking me out as if I'm some type of prized possession he had just won. I rolled my eyes and pulled him beside me. "Thank you." I said and he smiled before I punched his arm. "What's that for?" I dropped my left arm and stuck my tongue out, Joshua looked at me in disbelief with his mouth slightly opened and I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Say did you ever have your first kiss?" I asked randomly once my eyes laid on the screen where the Mc kissed her soulmate, Joshua remained quiet beside me before scratching his head in the corner of my eye.

"Yeah....not ideal but I was a jerk and stole yours, sorry." I looked up and stared at his face blankly. He sealed his lips shut as if being interrogated by police officers. "You mean that day when you forced a kiss on me, it's your first time?" He nodded in embarrassment.

"I play around but that's my first kiss on the lips! Gosh how embarrassing, right?" I smiled at him, suddenly feeling relieved and a tad happy as he tilted his head in confusion. "Well...I think guys who didn't experience their first kiss until they got married are adorable. It's not as bad as thing you know, In fact it's a good thing!" He furrowed his eyebrows. He turned to the tv as I continued to speak. "Yes And You don't have to fit in with everyone else. Btw Josh Thank you."

"What for?" He asked. He kept his attention on the tv so I grabbed his arm and gently which made him look at me in confusion before I leaned in and pecked his lips. He was caught off by surprised but his face immediately flushed red.

"Thank you for keeping your promise to me."

Please consider the time to vote, comment and share<3 thank you my loves!!!

______
13