Chapter 14; Reciprocate

#StopIslamophobia______________________Chapter fourteen"Reciprocate: respond to (a gesture or action) by making a corresponding one

#StopIslamophobia
______________________
Chapter fourteen
"Reciprocate: respond to (a gesture or action) by making a corresponding one."

JOSHUA leaned against the headboard, I copied his actions as he pulled the covers over us. "Are you sure about this...I can always—" I cut him off and shushed him before pulling him down with me. He laid next to me and awkwardly tried to look somewhere else making me chuckle. "What happened to the Joshua I knew who wanted to get in my pants huh?" I teased, his face got flushed red and he mumbled something underneath his breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked him after noticing his pale face. He shook his head and sighed. His eyes shut momentarily as I watched him and held his face.

"I don't know why...you want to sleep with me? I thought you despised the fact we are together in the same bed." He calmly replied but his pupils dilated and sweat drops were forming at the side of his head. I gave him a tired smile. To ease his discomfort I simply took his hand in mine and I don't know what's in my head but I put up my shoulder and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I just wanna not be alone I guess. Are you okay with that?" I softly asked, burying my face into his chest and he let out a sigh of relief.

He wrapped his arms around me, a sense of safety and just warmth overwhelmed me as we both stayed in silence in each other's embrace.

Joshua smelled nice. A hint of vanilla and jasmine, the fact that he decided to take a shower again before going to bed as his shower gel fragrance still lingered on him freshly made me sleepy and just want to stay like that. I feel like I'm going insane with how my actions are right now but deep down I realized that Joshua had always been a misunderstood person and I didn't give him a chance to fully let him open up to make this marriage work out because ever since I met him I was blinded by my hate for my father's arrogance and neglect towards me that I automatically despised the poor guy who was nothing but a kind and caring boy.

"Hey Joshua..." he hummed in response.

"Why did you agree to marry me I mean—" he cut me off and looked down at me. I searched his brown eyes for answers but he just smiled. "Because I like you that's all." I blinked.

Wait that's it?

"Are you sure? Like you sure you just didn't want me to be your trophy wife or something like you know..." he laughed, due to the reason that I still had my arms wrapped around him I could feel the vibrations going through his body as he roared with laughter. This only managed to double my confusion. "You know just because I'm rich doesn't automatically mean I'm shallow." I pouted. Putting my hands up to his chest.

"Hey! I didn't say rich people are shallow....I think?" I furrowed my eyebrows this time. Joshua laughed once more before patted my head like I'm some child. 

"I get your point but no I mean it. I like you and I still do, you however didn't like me so I just played along with your drama." He shrugged. I gasped. "You act as if I was throwing tantrums all the time." He chuckled and pointed his finger at me and I pouted. "But you did! You always storm off and I know you've been cussing me to yourself all the time." He cooed.

Well busted.

I snorted. "See! I'm right, I must say I'm hurt." He pouted this time and I laughed.

"It's not my fault you acted like that." I said. Joshua smiled and put his finger in his lips. He motioned over to the clock to show that it was way past midnight, I gave him a questioning look and he just gently bumped his forehead against mine. "Let's sleep. We have work tomorrow don't we?" We do? He eyed me and whispered Seungcheol and I gasped before nodding. Then I closed my eyes as he placed his chin on top of my head. After some time I gradually fell asleep still in his embrace.

"Hey Seungcheol. Do you think you can accompany me to a dinner night at this restaurant?" I asked and showed him a picture of a cute little restaurant. Seungcheol smiled politely and sat down next to me, he folded his hands before glancing upwards to the other foreigners sightseeing.
"Is it okay with Joshua?" I snorted. He looked at in confusion. I gave him a thumbs up and excitedly said yes so he agreed to be me date tonight to the restaurant. Meanwhile Joshua also texted me that jaeyi agreed to go to the restaurant with him and I replied to him for us to go and get ready,

"Well then I'll see you later, it will be at 8PM okay!" Seungcheol nodded. I quickly rushed into the hotel and up the elevator to the my room.

I unpacked the new clothes that Joshua had ordered and strictly mentioned to wear. Excited, I skipped my way to the bathroom and immediately got ready without wasting any time at all. Some time later I heard the door shut and footsteps were heard from outside in the hallway as the clanking of keys quickly dissipated in the air. I stepped out of the closet and peeped from the door to see Joshua heading to the bathroom.

Instantly I pulled over my jacket and fixed it before tiptoeing back to my bed and then playing on my phone for a bit once I heard the shower run on.

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked, hesitant. Joshua looked at me and gave me a reassuring squeeze. "I'm sure." With that we both got out of the room and headed to the restaurant secretly. On our way their Seungcheol texted me that he had arrived and is waiting for me while jaeyi texted Joshua that she is at the destination outside so he quickly texted her the reservation name.

Once we arrived I got out and me and Joshua went inside, i asked for a different reservation I had made before we both went to a table. At the table sat Seungcheol who awkwardly looked around and jaeyi who stared at him.

So I pulled out my phone and so did Joshua and we both texted the two and wished them good luck on their relationship. The two were surprised by the the notification beep that went on at the same time and were very surprised and shocked at the message that they read. This made jaeyi look up at Seungcheol and clear her throat. "I'm sorry cheol...I know you want me to be with Joshua but I can't. My heart belongs to a special guy and that one is you but I know you moved on already so—"

"I love you too jaeyi. I'm sorry for not letting you explain." The two smiled. Jaeyi blushed red and soon enough Seungcheol ordered some food and they were chatting away and holding hands from time to time. Before me and Joshua left though Seungcheol dropped a massive bomb and honestly we were shocked at how well it was going.

"Jaeyi....will you marry me?" To that jaeyi of course couldn't say no and excitedly agreed as she watched him pull out a ring and slip it onto her finger. I smiled in victory at the sight while Joshua sniffed unexpectedly. I turned my head to look at him and almost stumbled forward to see Joshua crying.

He. Was. Crying.

"Joshua?!" I said. Joshua embarrassingly turned his head away and furiously wiped his tears as if he was just caught doing something illegal and I laughed. I pulled his arm and hugged him as he sobbed. I led him into the car for him to continue sobbing his eyes out because receiving a ton of stares from strangers isn't something I wanna deal with soon enough. Especially if they knew that South Korea's number one handsomest billionaire is crying.

______
14