Chapter 34

- You and Arashi sat down on the cold stone floor of the dungeon. Both of you are exhausted from fighting hordes and hordes of Mercer's mutations. Dirtied after all flesh and blood from the monsters splatter on your clothes while fighting -

"Couldn't they just poof into black smoke just like the other monsters!? It's sticky, and it stinks!" You whined, removing all the mutation that remains off your armor.

"You do know they'll get dirty again once we get back into the battle, right?" He asks you with a know-it-all smile. You smile back at him, confusing the man.

"You do know those are still alive, right? Keep that on for too long, and it'll eat you whole." You inform. Arashi immediately stands up, removing every chunk of mutation flesh that stuck to his body.

"Really!?" He asked with concern. You just laugh at him as you picked up one of the chunks of flesh.

"No, I'm just messing with you." You said while laughing. He becomes furious, which made you laugh more, "Calm down, don't be so tense. I'm trying to lighten the mood here... after all, one of us might not make it." You said with a mischievous smile.

"What's that suppose to mean!?" He asks angrily. But his words fell on deaf ears as he sees you already walking ahead, "Hey! Don't ignore me!" He shouted as he ran after you.

[With Vonika]

- Vonika sits down on a chair behind the counter, waiting for a customer to enter the shop. She fiddles with a glass beaker as she waits. Though, the peace was broken by a voice -

"Vonika! This is Mercer. The Godkiller and his accomplice are nearing my location! You need to get here now!" Mercer shouts. Vonika holds her ear in pain as she removes the creature attached to the side of her head.

"I-I don't know Mercer... these people are just living their lives peacefully... I don't think-" Vonika reasons, a regretful look on her face, but Mercer interrupts her.

"Listen, Vonika. What you did last night was smart. We could've been caught. I have already made and hidden a Mother-type mutation deep inside their dungeon. You only need to bail me out of here, I'll make sure Ares will commend you for this, and maybe your mother will finally accept you as her daughter!" Mercer's voice can be heard through the creature. He seems nervous and in fear. Vonika looks down, contemplating.

[With You]

- The enemies are getting powerful and many. But you and Arashi pushed through. Using only your scythe, you preserve your energy for the battle against Mercer. As the last mutation fell, you were faced with a tall gate made from stone and flesh -

"Would you do the honors?" You asked, giving a smile to Arashi. He nods with a serious look on his face.

"Of course." He said, walking in front of the gate. He musters all his strength and punches it. Opening it.

- Mercer sat on a throne made of flesh inside. A cocky smirk on his face as he sees the two of you enter. Arashi grits his teeth as he marches ahead -

"You son of a bitch! How dare you infiltrate Orario and try to disrupt the peaceful lives of the people!" He shouted as he marched. You looked to the side and saw many glowing red eyes. You pulled Arashi back as he failed to notice it because of his anger.

"Don't! Look at the sides. I've fought this guy many times, and he does not fight fair!" You exclaimed. Arashi looked on, wide-eyed at all the red eyes piercing through the darkness.

"Oh, Boo Hoo! HE DoEsN't FiGHt FaIrLY! Says the guy who literally summons creatures to get the upper hand. We ain't different, Godkiller! Don't you bring that heroic shit in here!" Mercer shouted as he stood up. He signals his creatures to come closer, and they all walked forward, showing you a variety of different mutations.