Chapter 21

"V-Vonika." She answers, still nervous.

"Any last name?" You ask, slightly confused about her not revealing her last name.

"Divad." She answers, her voice tainted with sadness.

"You told me they held your parents captive. Where are they?" You ask, she gains a look of sadness. She tries to speak, but her voice falters.

"M-My Fa-Family I-Is De-." She says shakily, before being interrupted as an arrow whizzed past her, barely missing her head. Vonika faints in shock.

"Fuck! There's more of them." You curse, readying your scythe for combat once again.

<Smol Timeskip>

- Thankfully, the reinforcements were just level 1 knights. You quickly dispatched them and ran to Vonika to see if she was ok -

"Vonika!? You alright?" You ask, slightly shaking her awake.

- The girl's eyes open, but rather than the original blue color, a fiery red replaces it. You stand back, surprised. The girl stands up and looks at you -

"Godkiller!" She says with venom, her feminine voice replaced by a demonic one, she sniffs the air, glaring at you after.

"You have committed these acts onto others without mercy or hesitation, so I too will punish you without mercy, each and everyone will face their reserved punishment, so be ready for your reckoning! Anger! Violence!" She shouts, pointing at you. All of a sudden, you feel extreme anger overflow you as you involuntarily move the blade of your own scythe to your throat.

"Vonika! No!" You shout, struggling to fight with, well, yourself.

- After a couple of seconds, Vonika finally regains her senses. She lowers her hand and blinks her eyes once, and it's back to the original blue color. Her hands start shaking as another word burned across her skin -

"I'm s-sorry, Godkiller!" She apologizes, looking at her shaking hands.

"It's nothing, and please, call me (Y/N)! Now, what was that?" You ask, catching your breath.

"I-I don't know! It j-just happened!" She answers, shock still present as her hands start to shake intensely.

"Was that magic?" You ask, remembering the chant she let out before you felt the effects. She looks at you and shakes her head, also confused at what happened.

"*sigh* Let's get back to the village and see if Raziel made it back." You say, signaling her to follow you.

- The two of you started to walk back to the village. After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Vonika strikes up a conversation -

"I need to come clean! T-That wasn't just Magic. I-I don't know where it came from but... Here let me just show you." She says, starting to remove the armor.

"Hey! Not so sudden! We just met!" You nervously say, taking the wrong idea.

"*giggles* Not that. I think that Magic is in line with this." She says, lifting her shirt up, the armor now removed.

- You look at what she's showing and see tattoos on her back. Your eyes widen as you read every single one -

"Limbo, Lust, Gluttony... Wait! These are sins. Who tattooed them to you?" You ask, venom in your voice, as anger builds up.

"They... weren't tattooed on me. The tattoos just casually appear from time to time." She explains, an awkward smile on her face.

"How long have you been using this?" You ask, confused that if she had that power, she could easily wipe out those knights.