Chapter 43

- While the Takemikazuchi Familia is apologizing to Bell and the others. You planned to go to Arashi's newly built house in the village to thank him for saving Bell and the others -

"Yo. Arashi, you still awake?" You asked, knocking on the door. Arashi opens it.

"Thank you for saving Bell and the others. I'd probably lose my mind if I'd lose them too." You said, sitting down on the floor, "You know... you can always join our Familia if it gets boring living alone down here." You proposed, feeling a bit bad for Arashi all alone on the floor.

"Adventuring is not the life for me anymore. I just want to stay in a village. A peaceful life." Arashi said, sharpening his sickles.

"This is a village, right? Don't you have good neighbors here?" You asked, not really fond of the people here since you just pass by every time you get to this floor.

"Yeah, swindlers, cheaters, and scumbag adventurers... real nice!" Arashi sarcastically answered.

"Whoa, too much hostility." You said, backing up a little, "If you want to stay in a village far from here. There's one on the outskirts of Orario, Athello." You suggested.

"Athello? Isn't that a small village?" Arashi asked, still working on sharpening his sickles.

"Not anymore. Ares attacked the villages. Ryuu and I intercepted the attacks, and one of the villagers... Raziel managed to gather them all into one. Athello is almost like a city now." You explained, trying to at least grant his wish of a peaceful life than always being in danger living in the dungeon.

"Raziel? Wasn't he a blacksmith in Hephaestus Familia?" Arashi asked, looking at you.

"Oh. So you two know each other." You said, a little bit surprised, "But yeah, he left the Familia and lived in a village just like you." You said.

"At least there's a friendly face there... alright, I'm going to live there." Arashi said, putting down his sickles.

"So... if you don't mind me asking? Why don't you want to be an adventurer?" You asked, awfully curious about his reasons.

"Whoa. Too personal, buy me dinner first." Arashi joked, making you burst into laughter.

"You can make jokes?" You teased. Arashi didn't seem like the guy to crack jokes.

"Hey fuck you! I'm not a gargoyle to be that stone-hearted." Arashi glares. You laughed and stood up.

"Well, better get some sleep! I'll accompany you tomorrow to Athello for your new house." You said, heading out. Arashi gave you a wave goodbye, and you closed the door.

- You warped back to the tents and saw that everyone was already asleep. You peeked in the tent but didn't find Bell anywhere. You start to get worried as you run around looking for him. But you saw Bell, looking up at the crystals. You took a deep breath and walked towards him -

"Hey, Bell." You greeted. Bell smiles at you, "You know... I'm really sorry for not always being by your side." You apologized, looking down in guilt.

"It's okay, (Y/N). I know you have more important things to do." Bell said, knowing your ongoing war with the Ares Familia and the Rakia Kingdom.

"I know... but... I wasn't fair. I promised I'll guide you through the floors. You killed a minotaur already and managed to reach this floor, and I wasn't there to guide you or to see it." You said, now feeling more guilty as you remember Bell's accomplishments without you.

"From now on, Bell. I legitimately promise that I'll stay by your side!" You promised, now actually determined to not break it.

"H-How? You have lives to save." Bell said, staring at the tree in the middle of the floor.