Chapter 23

- Without a warning, Bell walked towards Syr and Mama Mia, bowed and shouted -

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Bell apologizes, regretting ever opening the book. Bell looks at you, waiting for some kind of support.

"*sigh* I'm truly sorry for what our Familia member did. Just give me 1 week or 2, and I'll pay it back." You propose. Wanting to work your ass off in the dungeon than get nagged by Hestia for a week. Vonika kept quiet, not knowing anyone in the room besides Bell and you.

"What a big problem you've cause, Bell." Syr says, looking down in fake shame. Acting as if she wasn't a part of it.

"Syr, why are you acting like you're not involved?" Bell says, surprised by Syr's actions. Mama Mia flipped every page of the book to confirm it was actually a grimoire. She sighs after confirming it. You got a bit scared by Mama Mia's expression, so you took a step back to Vonika.

"You know you're lucky you don't know anyone here." You whisper. Vonika just gives you a cheeky smile, which irritated you more.

"Is it not going to work?" Syr asks, teasing Bell.

"You're very cute, but it's not." Bell says, still in his bowing position, a little blush on his face at Syr's cute acting. Mama Mia throws the used grimoire in the trash can before walking away.

"Mia?" Bell asks, walking over to her. Slightly wary of Mama Mia's lack of reaction to the grimoire that costs so much.

"Forget it." She says, knowing that there's nothing they can do about it.

"But..." Bell reasons, worried for Mama Mia and the employees if ever the owner of the grimoire returned.

"You read it, so there's nothing we can do now. It's the fault of whoever left it here." Mia explains, taking a basket of potatoes on the floor.

"B-But..." Bell continues to reason. But Mama Mia gave him a glare that would make Gods return back to heaven. Even you and Vonika felt the intensity even though it wasn't pointed at the two of you.

"I-I'm off to the dungeon!" Bell runs outside. Mia looks at you and Vonika, making both of you also sprint out in fear.

<Smol Timeskip>

- You, Bell, and Vonika arrived in front of the dungeon to meet up with Lili, but she nowhere to be seen -

"Is Lili not here yet?" Bell asks. He looks around and sees Lili's backpack behind the bushes. She was talking to the raccoon guy.

"Who's Lili?" Vonika asks, not knowing about the team's supporter.

"She's our supporter. She's right there!" Bell says, pointing at Lili's bag.

'She must be setting up the plan.' You thought to yourself. Smirking at the fact that your mere hours away from killing those vermin.

- Bell feeling something suspicious is happening, went running over to Lili to try and help her. But the guy from before stopped him, completely oblivious that you were there watching him. Vonika went to help, but you stopped her -

"What?! Why?" She asks, confused about your motives. You went to explain, but you feel Eina's presence.

"I have a plan for them. You weren't really included when I planned it, so make sure you don't interfere. Stay here! I need to do something. If Bell asks where I am, tell him I returned to the church because I forgot something. Ok?" You explain, wanting the plan to go as smoothly as possible, but you need to know what Eina's doing first and went to leave.