Chapter 45

"Hey. Wake up! They're going to pick the next combatants soon!" A man's voice can be heard. He opened up his eyes and glared at the person waking him up.

"I swear if this is another fucking prank of yours, Frank. I will rip your head off!" He threatened, pointing at Frank. The man leans back and raises both his hands up.

"Whoa! Don't be that grumpy God of War, Adonis. Besides, I ain't pranking you. And Arya is already bored outside." Frank said, gesturing to the hall.

"Get out of my room and let me get ready. I'll join you two outside." Adonis said, pushing Frank out of his room before forcefully closing the door.

'Competitions? This early?' Adonis thought, picking up his armor, staring at the red mark on his body and face.

- It was gifted along with the ashen white skin when he successfully killed his father, breaking his curse and unlocking the entirety of whatever magic and weapons he had -

- Adonis walked out of the room and sat at the table in the cafeteria. He took the attention of both Frank and Arya. The girl stared at Adonis and winked seductively -

"Cut me some slack, Arya. I know you're into girls." Adonis said, sitting down. He grabbed his most used weapon and placed it on the table.

Arya laughs at Adonis' reaction, "So... you guys think one of us is going in there again?" Arya asked, staring at her two closest friends.

"Well... my God hasn't told me to get ready yet. So, I guess I'm out." Frank said, leaning back into his chair as he shakes a glass of apple juice.

"I hate this! Why do we have to fight one by one!? Why don't we just storm their camp and get rid of every enemy there!" Adonis said, bringing down his fist on the wooden table in anger.

"Slow down there, Adonis." Frank said, taking a proper seat, "Not everyone is as high and almighty as you." He stated, talking about Adonis' battle prowess and brute strength.

"Not many, sure! But We! We can take them all down." Adonis argued, confident in his friends' skills.

"Remember, Adonis. I'm an assassin. I don't fare well in bloodbaths as you do." Arya said, showing her hidden blade.

"Assassin my ass, Arya! I saw you do some God stuff!" Frank said, pointing at Arya that somehow got to spawn burning arrows from nowhere.

"Which side are you really on, Frank!?" Arya glared, not really fond of showing her trump card or others knowing it. Frank accidentally stumbled upon her doing it.

"I'm neutral. As much as I'd like to end all this and destroy the enemy, I'm afraid I can't. I'm probably the weakest out of all of us." Frank said, leaning back again.

"Okay, let's stop all this before it ends into another brawl. So? Who's fighting?" Adonis asked. Hermes hasn't mentioned who will fight this early on.

"Anubis told me it was League." Arya answered, sharpening her throwing knives. Frank stood up as his eyes widened.

"League!? As in League Fabula!?" Frank said, almost standing up in excitement. Arya nodded, "That guy has zero losses!" Frank exclaimed.

"We all have zero losses, Frank! No one has one! Because the battle is to the death!" Arya said, glaring at Frank, who shrank back in fear.

"I know! But... y'know... he's powerful! That guy's a one-man army! He's like a hero to me!" Frank said, grumbling back in his seat from Arya's sudden outburst.

"Well, God Anubis told me your hero has found his match." Arya said, looking at the side... it seems they'll lose another Retribution.

"Who? This dude hasn't even come close to losing." Frank stated proudly, unbelieving of what Arya just said.