Chapter 22

"Have you already registered Vonika in the Guild?" Hestia aks, the smile still on her face because of the new member.

"Yes, Goddess. But I don't think she can handle the dungeon." You reason. Hestia nods in understanding.

"Then why don't you teach her the basics right now. So that when you go with Bell tomorrow in the dungeon, you can bring her along and get started." Hestia commands. You lead Vonika to the living room and sit on the couch to start the tutorial. In front of the two of you is Bell, reading the book he borrowed.

<Smol Timeskip>

"... and those magic stones can be exchanged in the dungeon for Valis." You finish the explanation, holding up a coin in your hand. Vonika nods.

- The both of you stand up and stretches. You look at Bell and see him asleep on the stool with a backbreaking position, so you decided to wake him up so he can sleep on the bed -

"Bell. You awake, buddy?" You ask, lightly tapping his shoulder. After a few seconds, he wakes up and tiredly looks at you. You redirect him to the bed and see Hestia still there, relaxing.

"Goddess, Bell is tired. He already fell asleep sitting down." You say, lightly pushing Bell into the room. Before turning to leave.

"Where are you going?" Hestia asks, guiding and sitting Bell on the bed.

"I'm going to find Vonika a weapon." You answer. Hestia nods before tending to Bell. You walk out and tell Vonika that you'll help her find a weapon. You both go outside and check the remaining open blacksmith shops.

"I have that spell, right? Do I really need a weapon?" She asks, a smug look on her face. You facepalm because of her arrogance.

"We don't even know if monsters have sins. And besides, once they get too close, you need a weapon to defend yourself." You argue, not wanting to put up with her.

"Then why don't we check first?" She asks, the smug look still remains.

"Okay, let's try. I don't think there's an open blacksmith at this time." You say. Both of you proceeded to walk to the dungeon.

"So... how does your magic work?" She asks, trying to strike up a conversation.

"With this." You answer, showing her one of the pendants. She tries to grab it, but you quickly move your hand.

"Let me touch it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" She whines, trying to grab the pendant.

"First! No, you'll break it! And second! Please don't say that." You say, weirded out by what she said.

"What?... Oh! That~ (Y/N)!~ Please let me touch it!~" She shouts, trying to embarrass you... and it works. You quickly run to the dungeon pulling her along with you as people start to look out their window to see the commotion outside.

- You run to the dungeon. Along the way, Vonika continues to moan, wanting to get more attention to you. You sigh in relief as you enter the dungeon, out of sight -

"I swear! You do that one more time! I'm gonna make sure you scream for real! Got it?" You threaten. She backs away in fear.

"It was just a harmless prank." She mumbles. Both of you walk to the first floor of the dungeon.

- As you enter, you already see a kobold snarling at you. You taunt it, and it works, the kobold angrily lunged at you. Smirk forms in your face as you catch it by the throat and cut it's arms off -

"Here's your first target. Can you smell anything?" You ask, showing her the armless kobold in your grasp. She sniffs in the air and smiles.

"I'm smelling Violence, Anger, and Heresy." She says, happy that she can use her powers on monsters.