Chapter 47

"Well done, Bell! It's not often I see you come home after a fight! I'm kind of happy you're so spirited, but also kind of sad." Hestia said, trying to cheer up Bell, who was obviously down in the dumps.

"Bell's personality has become much cruder lately! You must be a bad influence on him!" Lili accused, seeing Hestia praise Bell for getting in a fight.

"That's no fair, Li'l Lili. Can't you rub this in a little more gently?" Welf complained. Lili was reflecting her anger onto Welf, rubbing the ointment on his bruises more roughly.

"Would you all shut up! We already lost the protection because of Welf!" You growled, laying on the ground. Welf stood up and glared at you.

"How is this my fault! They were mocking us! Did you want me to just sit there and take it?!" Welf argued, his voice getting louder and louder, putting on strain to your already painful headache.

"We would've if you weren't so aggressive!" You spat, standing up also and walking up to him. Hestia wanted to de-escalate the situation, but there was no butting in. This anger from you is something she hasn't experienced yet... well, not directed towards her.

"And you were so passive! They were slandering your Familia's name! Your God and teammates! Weren't you supposed to be some feared powerful being!" Welf shouted, pissed off at you, blaming this on him and your unwillingness to fight in the beginning.

"I've been that powerful being for years now! I've taken so many lives! Just, please. For once. Give me a break..." You said, pushing Welf aside and sitting on the couch.

"You want a break?! If you want a break, then why did you spend all those times chasing Ares soldiers! Bell told me most of his adventures were unwitnessed by you because of that." Welf added, putting you on edge. You stood up once more, glared at Bell, and shook your head, and stared directly at Welf.

"Because it was necessary! People are going to die if I don't get out there and stop Ares! And thankfully, I got a bit of a break to spend some time with family! And you just had to fuck that up!" You growled. Welf wasn't putting up.

"And this isn't necessary?! They were mocking your Goddess! Hestia of all people! You were always about family, but you can't even defend them right!" Welf continued. None of you were ready to give up on this argument. This has been a long time coming.

- You figured this argument would be coming from Bell, not Welf. But it's here, and you have no place to run to. This is an unavoidable thing coming. Now you just have to drop the bomb in the gentlest way possible. -

"I am defending them. Our protection from the War Game was my effort. It was my effort to stop this Familia from being run over by someone stronger." You said, not dropping it most gently. Now Lili was in the argument.

"Run over by someone stronger?! How can you be so sure that we can't take the feats the others can?! I thought you believed in your Familia, your party members!" Lili said, feeling saddened that you have no faith in them whatsoever.

"I believe in you, but there are things you can't just push through! Let's take earlier, for instance! What could've happened if I wasn't there! The three of you will be bloodied and bruised, probably limping back home." You said. Bell looked more saddened from what you just said. He stared at you.

"Do you not believe I'm strong and capable of handling things on my own? How about the things we accomplished?" Bell asked, looking back on his previous accomplishments. The Minotaur and the Dungeon incident.

"Things won't always go your way, Bell. You had this coming. You already had a lucky streak, and from my experience, people who do, tend to fuck up pretty badly at the end." You said, looking down. You were Bell's inspiration... but he has to lay low. Not everything is possible.