Chapter 54

You sit there, exhausted after defending yourself and your sister from the Killers you once controlled.

You close your eyes to recover and endure the nasty wounds inflicted on your body.

Thankfully, this place is giving slow regeneration capabilities to the ones inside. Letting you recover most wounds.

As you rest, the once-dark sight of closing your eyes is replaced by a campfire. Is this a dream? No, you can almost feel it.

The warmth of the fire... its flame gets more intense the more you look into it. You want to look away, yet you feel attached to it.

You feel a slight sting, but you continue, seeing and feeling the flame burn brighter and stronger than before.

After a while, it was searing hot, but it was more of an uncomfortable feeling than actual pain.

The fire gets snuffed out.

Multiple silhouettes with white eyes stare back at you.

Your sister's scream echoes through the area, making you open your eyes immediately.

You sit up, only to see the Huntress' hatchet headed directly straight for you.

You hug your sister and turn around so the hatchet will hit you. You brace for the incoming pain.

On top of that, you hear the Nurse's screech near you, making you hug your sister tighter.

But rather than feeling pain, you hear the sound of metal hitting metal. You slowly turn around and see Nurse with the hatchet on the ground.

The Huntress throws more, only to get parried by the Nurse in mid-air.

You didn't question what was happening. Silently thanking the Nurse for her assistance as you run away from the Killer.

As you run, you feel yourself getting stronger and faster.

"Am I regaining my powers?" You mumbled. You smile, using your regained strength to carry your sister and bolt away from danger.

You see Demogorgon patrolling the area. You try to hide from it, but it sees you and immediately pounces toward you.

You raise your arms to shield yourself from the attack, now confident you can at least fight. But something hits the Demogorgon as it screeches in agony.

You look to the left and see Gunslinger reeling in the Demogorgon.

You take this chance, grabbing a nearby rock and jamming it inside the Demogorgon's chest.

The thing squeals in agony before turning into a plume of smoke. Your smile widens, seeing a very similar pendant in its place. You grab it and break it, feeling more power enter your body.

"I need to get you to safety first." You tell your sister as you run around for the exit.

The Spirit appears beside you, making you jump back in surprise. It points in a direction.

You look at her closely and back at the Gunslinger silently walking towards you.

You see two distinct features in them, their eyes. They're white.

"What was the color of my eyes, S/N? When I was under the control of the Entity?"

"White." She answered.

With that answer, you nod. Now understanding that not all of the Entity's Killers are heartless monsters that enjoy inflicting pain and suffering.

Some were just manipulated to see what the Entity wanted them to see.