Chapter 51

You sit in Daedalus street, head hanging low. You feel your anger rising up, yet your body refuses to move.

Covered in a cloak you acquired from a recently killed adventurer, you avoid detection.

"This is wrong. I've taken too many lives already, I... I should stop." You mumble, occasionally slipping off the Entity's control but not enough to remove influence.

"Stop? Stop!? Did Ares stop!? Did Vonika stop!? I gave you power, yet you do nothing with it!" The Entity whispers, dragging his ragged voice around you.

"Once again, your emotions made you vulnerable. Look at you. Look at what Vonika had done." The Entity continues, drilling the recent events into your skull.

"Your sister is turned against you, following the very same man who made your life hell. Pathetic." It teases.

"What ever happened to protecting the family? Hestia's in Ares' hands. Listen to her screams!" It laughs.

A blood-curdling scream overwhelms your ears. Tears fall from your eyes and into the ground.

"Crying, are we?" The Entity asks, his laughter returning louder.

"Look at you. The feared Godkiller is on the floor, crying. How is Ares going to take you seriously now?" It teases. Your head throbs in pain once more, hearing the screams of the souls the Entity dropped onto you.

"Please, just make it stop." You cry, dropping your weapon.

"You want it to stop?" It asks, "Then you have to finish what you started." The Entity orders, raising your head.

Your vision reddens, citizens of Daedalus... no! Knights of Ares flood the street, looking for you.

"I have a gift." The Entity chuckles.

Black ink flows out of your chest and into your shoulders, forming the arms you recently lost. You look at the newly formed hands and open them. All feeling has returned.

"Two Pendants..."

"One connotes your suffering, and the other, the suffering you will give to them." The Entity says his farewell for now and leaves.

You stand up and throw away the cloak, "I will make you all pay!" You shout, cracking the two pendants in your hands.

Chains appear out of nowhere and attach themselves to the closest Ares knight. The chains pierce through his arms and legs, lifting him from the ground.

"Starting with you." You smile, walking closer to the man.

"It's the Godkiller!" One scream in fear. Everyone turns his attention to him before seeing you. Panic ensues.

You feel something move inside your arms. A dire crow's head pops out. It caws, flying away before latching onto a female knight, pecking her eyes out.

More fly out of your arms, swarms of them. You cackle in joy as the cacophony of the knight's screams fills your ears, silencing the souls eating away at your sanity.

▲▼▲▼▲

Vonika stands with S/N outside Miach's potion store, the Blue Pharmacy. She smiles, remembering the fun talks with Naaza back then inside.

Back then... before she ultimately chose Ares over Y/N and the others.

"I need to face the consequences." Vonika mumbles, catching the attention of S/N.

"Who are the people inside, Vonika? I can feel them." S/N asked, snapping her out of her fear and anxiousness.

"The people inside are your brother's friends and family." She answers.