Chapter 55: Epilogue

You sit in the living room inside the Apollo Familia manor that now belongs to Hestia Familia. Even after almost succumbing to Mercer's attacks, the Guild and the Gods cannot shrug off the rules specified in the War Game. Much to Apollo's dismay.

You smile, seeing everyone walk inside the room. Your real family, your sister, your second family, Benedict, Warren, and Valerie, and your family in Orario with Hestia, Bell, Lili, and Welf.

Warren and Valerie have decided to Join Hestia Familia, while your sister wanted to live with Benedict.

After her powers disappeared, she wanted to live an ordinary life away from all the violence she had been subjected to under the Entity's control.

It seems her powers were only temporary, used by the Entity as an anchor to continue latching on to you.

Benedict will return home with S/N. Without Ares' influence, life in the village would be more peaceful. Your sister agreed, but you still need to visit her three days a week.

"So what is the announcement, oh great Entity." Welf said, sitting down. Rather than getting irritated, you only smile at the joke, seeing as this might be the last time you hear it.

"I'm sure the Familia's new leader will have some plans on how we should continue." Hestia smiled.

Arashi, Ryuu, and Vonika walk inside, standing behind you. Ryuu puts her hand on your shoulder, and you breathe, ready to bring the news.

"I'm here to tell you that Vonika and I are leaving the Familia." You said. The room erupts into a cacophony of *Whats*.

"Wait! Why? We just got this new manor. and... and our Familia had just grown." Bell stood up, surprised by the sudden news.

"But Goddess just promoted you into the Familia Leader?" Lili says, disappointed.

"Believe me, I would love to be the Familia leader and stay, but we have more things we could do outside Orario." You reasoned. Hestia stands up and hugs you, crying her eyes out.

"I knew this day would come! Who? What Familia bribed you to leave the Familia." Hestia shouts, shaking you.

"I'm leaving too, by the way." Vonika says, raising her hands while Hestia deadpans at her before shaking you again.

"It's not any Familia, Goddess." You say, putting her down.

"It was actually Ouranos himself."

▲▼▲▼▲

You enter Ouranos' room, "You should really replace your Guild Leader, he's not as accommodating as the other staff." You say.

Ouranos laughs, "Do not worry about him. He's just stressed from working too much."

"So... umm... what did you want to talk about?" You said, bowing in front of the God.

"You possess a power unlike any other retribution, child." He begins, making you question where he's leading with this conversation.

"Mercer's attack almost made Orario fall and would've likely caused multiple Retributions like you to arise."

"You are not the first to uphold this task. But what happened here today made me realize how vulnerable we are once again."

"People forgot that these sudden outbursts of power can end the entirety of this world, but while we should keep it that way. We also need to be alert."

"I want you to go beyond Orario and stop any chance for these Retributions to breach our world. And with that friend of yours, Vonika, was it? You can save the children under control."

"You have the choice to decline, of course. I believe you have done enough. But I think you can do more." Ouranos said.

"I... I don't know. I've just gotten off a war against myself and others. I haven't had the time to spend with my family for so long now."

"I can understand. Well then, I will try and find a Familia willing to undertake these tasks." Ouranos said, sitting down.

You stand there, unsure of your decision. Royman opens the door, ready to escort you out of the Guild.

"I changed my mind." You say, catching his attention.

"I've seen the threat Mercer posed with his powers, and I know how powerful they can get, given the Entity almost got me even after being free from Ares."

"I'm sure Vonika and Arashi would also love to help. But please, give me at least a month to spend with Hestia and the others." You said.

"As you wish. You are doing us a great deal of help, of course. I will also see to it that Hestia Familia be out of trouble once you're out and about." Ouranos promised.

"Thank you." You said before turning around to leave with Royman.

"But before I leave, may I ask who was tasked before me?" You asked.

"Three people, Adonis, Arya, and Frank."

▲▼▲▼▲

Alright, this is the epilogue. It doesn't hold much, but what happened to the characters in the ending. Y/N, Vonika, Arashi, and Ryuu will now explore outside Orario to destroy any chance for Retributions to lose control and take over the world.

I'm uncertain whether I should do a spin-off story of Y/N and the others battling different Retributions with different powers from other games. For now, I'm going to focus on my other stories.

I'm sorry for those who thought I would explore more into the story, but this is where this story will end.

It's been fun. I hope you all had as much fun reading as I had writing this, and I suppose I'll see you guys in my other stories... hopefully.

Saying thanks for the last time, Raziel.