Chapter 37

"B-But Goddess! The Dungeon is dangerous!" You argued, now wanting Hestia to go inside the Dungeon. She is a God, but without her powers, she can be severely hurt or worse.

"No buts, (Y/N)! I want to be there! I want to see Bell still alive and kicking! I won't sit around and be worried all day!" She reasoned, staring at you with pleading eyes. You scoff and left, a bit ticked off that she insisted on going.

"We already have Bell in a dire situation. Her coming with us will make it worse." You grumble, walking outside to calm yourself down. You see Ryuu staring at you worriedly.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Ryuu asked, her worried look still on her face. You sighed and explained it to her. She gently touched your cheek and redirected your face so you two can stare at each other's eyes.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). I'll go ahead and help Bell so you can prioritize protecting Hestia. I know you just want to protect her, but Hestia is worried for Bell. Keeping her here will only make her worse." She explained with a reassuring smile. You smile and nodded. She let go of your cheek and headed straight to the Dungeon.

- You stared, lovestruck as you watched Ryuu run for the Dungeon. You were about to walk inside, but Hermes and his child, Asfi, walked out -

"Asfi, do you think you can protect both Hestia and me by yourself?" Hermes asked, but their conversation stopped when you walked towards them. Hermes smiled at you while Asfi looked unnerved.

"You don't need to worry about Hestia. I'll be the one protecting her." You said with an irked look, still not in favor of letting Hestia come.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day the Godkiller himself would be the one to protect me." Hermes stated, a proud smile on his face as if it was an achievement he just got.

"I said I'll protect Hestia, not you." You argued. Hermes gave you a fake look of pain, putting his right hand on his chest and his left, gently on his forehead.

"You hurt me, Godkiller. You truly do." He dramatically stated, closing his eyes in the process. Asfi elbowed him in the side, and Hermes opened his left eye to see you with an irked look.

"W-Why don't we head inside to get more of the plan, s-shall we?" Hermes asked nervously, pushing Asfi inside the church before gesturing for you to go inside.

[With Bell]

- Bell, Lili, and Welf can be seen walking through the middle floors, headed to the 18th floor, Rivira. An area where monsters don't naturally spawn. The three seem to be on the verge of puking their guts out -

"Hey, Li'l Lili. Can you do anything about this smell?" Welf complained. He is already enduring his broken ankle, and the disgusting smell is adding to his pain.

"I'm sorry, but I'm closer to it than you are! So why don't you hold it, then?" Lili shouted, tired of Welf's complaining since she's the one closer and is currently holding the thing where the horrid smell originates.

- She moves the stinky item closer to them, making both Bell, who was supporting Welf, recoil back in disgust as their noses inhale the pure stench -

"You're not the only one who smells it! I smell it, too! But I'm carrying it to help everybody thought you keep complaining!" Lili ranted, shaking the said item in front of them. The two try to protest, but Lili ignored them and continued her rant.

"This is our final lifeline. As long as this awful smell is around us, monsters usually stay away." Lili explained. Since the monsters are always in dark areas, their noses evolved to sniff out prey, so since their smell is getting covered by the stink, monsters will not try and go to that area.