Chapter 31

- Two adventurers sat on the dungeon floor. The first one was a guy, his right eye bandaged. A woman is beside her, unconscious from the minotaur attack. They were inside a magical blue barrier, protecting them if any monsters try to attack -

"A minotaur appeared?" Bete asked. Looking at the two, perplexed that a minotaur is on such a high floor.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. There was a minotaur with a huge sword on the ninth floor." The man answered. Riveria kneels and checks on the other person for injuries.

"Could it be a survivor from the last time?" Tiona whispered to her sister. Riveria hears it and joins in on the conversation.

"I doubt it. It's been a month, and there's been no minotaur sightings." She explained. Immediately stopping the rumor.

"Either way, I'm glad you guys are safe. What about other adventurers?" Finn asked. Planning to stop the minotaur before it kills or injures other adventurers.

"There's one under attack in a chamber that's pretty far back. It's that white-haired kid. I'm sure by now-" The man reported. But is interrupted as someone runs past them. The intensity of the speed, creating a shockwave that almost swept them up their feet.

"What was that!?" A member of the Loki Familia asked. Fearing that it might be a new monster in the dungeon because no one can be that fast.

"That's the Godkiller." Aiz answered. Running out the party to try and follow you.

"Aiz!" Bete shouted. Surprised by her immediate actions. Everyone stared at her, also surprised by her sudden decision to follow you.

"Hey! This is an expedition, y'know!" Tiona shouted. Following Aiz. Bete followed also.

"Bete! Tiona!" Tione shouted. Running towards them also.

"Sorry, Raul. Can you handle things here?" Finn asked. Wanting to follow his other members and help in case something goes wrong. Raul answers yes, and Finn left.

[With You]

- As you were running to Bell's location. You saw a hooded person, their back against the wall. You squint to try and identify it and silently curse as you saw the familiar hood -

'Not right now!' You thought. If you stop to fight him, Bell might not just make it to see Goddess by the end of the day."

- You picked up the pace. Running faster as you try to outrun the man, but your efforts were useless as his hands turn to rock-like fists. He punches you with all his might, and you break through the wall and into another area. He walks through the hole, shifting his left arms to blades -

"Out of all the time we could've fought, you chose this one." You said, standing and brandishing your scythe.

"I heard that member of yours is quite strong too. If I don't kill you right now, at least one will die." He explained. You glare and dash towards him.

- But before you could reach your target, you hear Bell shout in pain, making you look to the left. This gave him a perfect chance to attack. He slices you in the chest and punches you away. You hit the wall and fall to the ground -

"I can't focus. By this rate, Bell and I will both die." You mumbled. Gritting your teeth in pain as you try to endure the wound.

"If you will die, I guess it's unfair that I don't tell you my name. I'm Alex Mercer, Ares' very own assassin." He bragged. Smugly smiling as he licked your blood off the blade.

- Three kobolds spawn behind Mercer. You smile because this might be your trump card. If he gets distracted, you can try and decapitate him. The kobolds jump at Alex. He grabs two of the monsters and kicks one away, killing it. His arms get covered in that blood-red ooze, slowly covering the monsters -