Chapter 24

Lili quickly pockets the knife, not wasting any time at all. She starts to run to the rendezvous location. You follow her, still in the invisible state. As she runs, she stumbles upon a goblin, knowing she doesn't have the time to kill it. She quickly shot arrows at its face to disorientate the monster, but you slashed it in half, thinking that it might ruin the plan. She runs up the stairs to the 8th floor. Once she reaches the narrow pathway, Ged Raish trips her -

"Fucking asshole." You quietly say with your teeth gritting in anger. Accidentally activating the [Distressing] skill, Ged felt a wave of fear overcome him, but it was short since you immediately turn it off.

"Isn't that nice? You got a big haul." He says with a cocky grin. Seeing Lili trying to stand up, he kicks her again.

'You can go through this Lili, we just have to wait for the others to get here.' You thought to yourself. Taking pity on the poor girl.

"You've screwed with me for too long, you goddamn prum!" He continues. Kicking her in the face, then stomping on her stomach. You grit your teeth once again, trying hard to conceal the rage that has been doing everything in its power to take control.

"Look at you, you little thief." He says. Picking Lili up through her hair, Lili screams in pain. You also felt pain but managed to endure it. Since you're invisible, you really couldn't see where it is, but it feels as if something's digging through your chest.

"I thought you were going to be getting rid of the kid soon. I figured if I laid a trap here, I'd be sure to find you." Ged continues, still hasn't let go of Lili's hair.

"A trap?" Lili lets out even though she's in so much pain.

"There aren't a lot of paths you can use on this floor. There are three more of us at the other routes. But you came to see me!" He explains, a huge smile on his face. He rips Lili's clothes, showing only her undergarments, then drops her on the ground.

You tried to conceal the sudden urge to scream in pain as you feel more things dig through your skin. The immense pain overflows you as tears flow down your face, but for the sake of Lili and the Familia, you held it in -

"This is pretty good stuff! You've even got a magic weapon!" He shouts. A huge smile is present on his face as he kicks her again.

"You've been having a good time, haven't you?" Canoe says, walking out one of the pathways, carrying a cloth bag.

"Look at this brat." He continues, looking at Lili. She wanted to run. The pain from the beating was unbearable. She's waiting for you, not knowing you're already fighting for your sanity and control.

"She even had a magic weapon! You were right. She's been saving up." Ged says, showing Canoe the cloth that was containing it.

"I see. Hey, so I wanted to ask you something... You think you could leave all her stuff here?" He says, Initiating their plan of betrayal. Throwing the cloth bag to Ged.

"A killer ant? D-do you know what you're doing?" Ged shouts in fear, throwing it on the ground.

"Yes. A dying killer ant will send out a signal to summon its fellows." Canoe says, the plan clear as glass in his mind. The other members of Canoe showing themselves. Giving you the right time to strike.

"It's show-." You say, uncloaking yourself, but your vision turned pitch black before you could even finish the sentence. A fiery orange outline of the people present is the only thing you could see.

At the sight of you uncloaking, Ged, Canoe, and his members rushed out, but black spikes along with the occasional fiery orange dots protrude out of the ground, stopping their escape -