Chapter 29

- Ryuu already went back to the Hostess of Fertility, and Goddess worked her shift on Hephaestus' shop, leaving you to explain everything that happened to the other two members of the Familia -

"Here we go." You grumble, now wanting to deal with two more worried people, but you're kind of glad that they're concerned about you. You breathe in and brace yourself.

- You walk inside the church and down the stairs. You are expecting a bunch of questions and worried tones as you take a step inside, but the first thing you felt is a dropkick in the face from Vonika. You fall to the floor, rubbing the back of your head because it hit the cement steps -

"I deserve that." You admit, bringing up a finger to show your point. You look up and see Vonika fuming in anger.

"It's nice that you know! And you didn't argue, or I'll have to beat you more!" She says, grabbing your collar and bringing you up. You look into her eyes and see that she's hiding her worry, masking it in anger.

'Tsundere.' You thought, giving her a smile. She puts you down and sighs. She walks to the couch and signals you to sit beside her.

"What happened?" She asks, her tone changing from angry to concern. You sit down and explain. After the explanation, she thanks you for saving the people again.

"But I'm still not over about you leaving me in the dungeon!" She Addresses. Clenching her fist and showing it to you. You nod and slowly put her hand down before she actually punches you.

"Wait, do you know about a guy shape-shifting when you were with Rakia's knights?" You ask, concerned about how he shifted to Vonika. She looks up, thinking for the person.

"There used to be this gloomy guy at the corner on our quarters back in Rakia. Why?" She answers and asks you. You look back on your interaction with him and see no similarities.

"Did he interact with you or anything?" You ask, a stern tone coating your words. Vonika thinks but gains a sly grin, and you know by now what that kind of grin means.

"Why are you asking? Are you jealous?! Wait! You are!" She giggles playfully, nudging your shoulder. You look at her in irritation.

"No! This is an important matter, Vonika! A guy that can shape-shift into anyone can be a threat to us both and the Familia." You scold, holding her shoulder. Vonika gets a look of surprise and stares at you.

"We only had one interaction. I don't think I can even call it that. If you must know, that guy passed me one time and plucked a strand of my hair, that's about it. You happy now*wink*?" She teases, you groan at the motion, and push her slightly away.

"I think of you as a sister, Vonika. Don't joke like that." You explain. Vonika hugs you and laughs.

"I think of you as a brother too. That's why I tease you like this!" Vonika agrees, giving you a noogie. You playfully push her hand away.

"I don't think siblings make that kind of jokes with each other, Vonika. And I don't think anyone likes that either." You argue, shivering at the fact of siblings flirting with each other.

"I know. But Author's search history and his anime watchlists beg to differ." Vonika spouts, breaking the fourth wall. Author sighs as he has to fix it.

"Who?" You ask, looking at Vonika questioningly as she looks up and smiles gleefully, avoiding the question.

"Nothing!" Vonika lies, shaking her head. You sigh at her antics and start to talk again about the task at hand.

"He took a strand of your hair?" You ask, trying to relate it to how he somehow shifts to her. Vonika nods and starts looking at her hair.

"Yes, why? Did he like... made a shrine for me?" Vonika asks, wondering why you're so bent on the strand of hair.