Chapter 38

- Bell's eyes flutter open. The first thing in his sight is the roof of a tent. He repeatedly blinks, trying to get a grip on his current situation, until the last memory rushed in his mind -

"Lili! Welf!" He shouted, worried for his friends. He sat down immediately, causing a headache to trigger. He cringed in pain and held his head.

"Are you okay?" Aiz asked, watching the whole thing happen as she waits for Bell to wake up. Bell stares at her and screams in disbelief.

"How do you feel?" She asked, trying to think of his physical well-being before pursuing other matters.

"Aiz? Wh-What are you doing here?" Bell asked, still unknowing of the current situation, where he is, or what actually happened when he passed out.

"Our Familia is heading back from our expedition, so we stopped here in the Eighteenth Floor." Aiz answered truthfully, giving Bell bits of information.

"Eighteenth Floor..." Bell said, not remembering how they reached the Eighteenth Floor, his last memory was of the Boss on the Seventeenth Floor appearing and nothing else.

"Where are my friends?" Bell hurriedly asked. But since his body is still weak and recovering, he falls face first in the middle of Aiz's chest. (Lucky AF Bro)

- He looked up, staring at Aiz eye-to-eye. He immediately turns red and pushes himself back in blazing speeds out of embarrassment. He physically and emotionally cringed at his own doings and closed his eyes. After being fully woken up by the situation, he gets a good view inside the tent and sees his friends, which are still recovering -

"Welf... Lili..." Bell mutters in worry, staring at them. He sighs to calm himself down, and Aiz was there to reassure him.

"They'll be fine. Riveria and the others healed them." Aiz reassured, also staring at Welf and Lili. She looks over to Bell, "You were badly wounded, too." She continued, getting closer to Bell as she touches his forehead.

"Thank you for saving me. I really mean that..." Bell showed his gratitude, but Aiz just shook her head and retreated to her original sitting position.

"Can you move?" She asked. Bell answered yes. Aiz stands up, "I'm supposed to tell our leader when you wake up. Come with me." She requested. Finn tasked her to do this, and she followed even though he gave no reason for this order.

- Aiz escorted Bell to a much larger tent where the Familia's high-level members or leaders currently reside during their time here in the Dungeon. Inside was Finn, Riveria, and Gareth. It was also full of chests and boxes, probably filled with magic crystals and monster drops. Bell kneeled and bowed in front of them -

"You made it to the Eighteenth Floor on your first trip to the middle floors, huh? You did well to escape from the Floor Boss!" Gareth laughed, seeing lots of resolve and promise from the kid.

"No, I... I think I just got lucky." Bell said, having no memories of what happened whatsoever. He got glimpses of someone helping them, but It was all blurred and fuzzy as if it wasn't real.

"Thank you for saving me!" Bell thanked, still bowing down to show his utmost gratitude for the help they provided.

"I understand the situation. We will welcome you as guests." Finn answered, showing Bell a whole-hearted smile, so he and the others would feel welcome.

"Thank you for doing so much for us." Bell thanked once again. Finn laughed and gestured to someone behind to come forward.

"Even though we helped with your healing and recovery... we weren't actually the ones to save you from the Floor Boss. He did." Finn explained, pointing to a person besides his seat.