Chapter 25

"WHAT?! Your pendants merged with your soul?!" Hestia shouts in surprise. You nod. Hestia sighs and accepts it, knowing there's nothing more to do.

"Well, we can't do anything about it now. Just keep check of your powers and tell me once something peculiar happens. Alright (Y/N)." She explains. You accept her command and left to go outside, but as you reached the sofa, she calls you.

"(Y/N)?" She calls. Her tone is calm, but you can feel the bloodlust emanating from it.

"Y-Yes?" You ask, slowly turning around to face her. The demonic glare is back, and now you're confused. Is it about the thing with the Loki Familia or the Soma?

"Bell told me you attacked Aiz in the dungeon." She says, walking towards you. You close your eyes, waiting for the scolding, but she pats you on the back.

"Great work! Keep driving them away from Bell!" She says, her glare replaced with a bright smile.

'What did I get myself into?' You thought to yourself, scratching the back of your head as you gave her a worried smile. She goes back to bed.

<Timeskip>

- You woke up early and quickly got ready. You walked outside after, waiting for Bell and Vonika. Avoiding any more confrontations with Goddess -

"I'm on thin ice again." You say to yourself. After waiting for a couple of minutes, which you spent stretching and getting ready for the day, Bell and Vonika walked out of the church wearing their armor. The three of you proceeded to pick up Lili to introduce her to Goddess.

[With Freya]

- Freya sits down on her throne atop Babel Tower, recalling what has happened ever since Bell used the grimoire she accidentally left -

"He's gotten stronger again. He's shining even more brilliantly than before." She says, happy with the quick progress she's seeing with Bell.

"But, there's a smudge that's getting in my way." She says as an image you flash on her mind. Her grip tightens on the wine glass she's holding.

"He'll get strong. Someday, he'll be strong enough that he won't need you anymore." She continues. Waiting for the day that Bell won't need your protection anymore, waiting for the day that you will leave.

"But..." She says, waiting for Ottar's opinion on the matter.

"We still need to get rid of (Y/N). His power might go beyond even the Gods. He'll be the strongest retribution to ever exist once he learns to completely control his power." Ottar explains. Freya's grip tightens even more on the wine glass as cracks start to form on it. She hated that you, of all people, will be protecting Bell, but what angered her more is that she can't seduce you, if she could, you would've replaced Ottar already.

"I'll leave this in your hands, Ottar." She says, knowing that Ottar will not fail her on this task.

"What about (Y/N)?" He asks. Freya frowns, knowing that she can't do anything.

"Do not engage. And if you get caught, run." She commands. Not wanting to lose the captain of the Familia... well, before Bell replaces him.

[With You]

- The three of you are walking towards the area where Lili told you to meet up. After meeting up with her, all of you went to head back to the church. And now that those douchebags are dead, she doesn't need to keep hiding, though she uses her transformation spell to give her animal ears and a tail for good measure. Bell got drawn by the cute animal ears and went to poke it -