𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐆𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐔𝐩

Hi, hi, hiii!

Thanks for sticking around heh 😅. 

Things are picking up speed here and it's about to get real interesting...

Aspen's POV

"It's a chip."

"What the fuck, no they're fries."

"Chips."

"Fries."

"Chips."

"Fries."

"It's food," Everest interrupted, shoving a fry into his mouth. 

"Whatever," Connor rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his drink. 

I grinned victoriously, leaning back in my seat. 

"So, how does it feel to be out of the Palace after so long?" Connor asked, turning to look at Everest. 

"Great," he grinned, watching people pass by the window. 

"So, do you not have a phone? How do you do your school work and stuff?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"I don't have a phone. Zoe didn't either until she got one from a friend. I have a laptop but it's strictly for school work," Everest shrugged. 

"That sucks," I muttered and he nodded. 

"It does."

"Well, in that case, allow me to introduce you to social media," I grinned, scooching closer to Everest on the cushioned seats. I sat between Connor and the Prince, phone in hand. 

Everest was back in his disguise, black hair and blue eyes altering his appearance. He was dressed in a pair of sweats and a hoodie, both borrowed from Connor. 

How does he manage to look so good in those?

For the next hour, the three of us sat and scrolled through Tik Tok, Instagram, and even YouTube. It was fun to mess around with the filters and see Everest's reaction. 

I realized how lucky I was to have a normal childhood. I didn't have to worry about who saw me, how I acted, who I was friends with. No one was judging me. 

But for Everest, the entire country was watching. There was no room for mistakes. 

He had the future of Britain in his hands. 

"Come, let's go back to the Palace. I want to show you something," Everest said. 

"Please let Connor drive this time,"  I said, an apprehensive expression on her face. 

"Sure," he rolled his eyes, fishing the keys from his pocket. 

We were in the back parking lot of the Palace, parked under the giant shadow of the building. Gravel crunched under my shoes as I followed Everest's lead to a small barn looking thing. 

It smelled... not so great. 

A wave of humid air hit me as Everest opened the door to reveal a dark stable. 

And inside were 4 majestic horses. 

"Horsie!"

Connor chuckled as I clapped my hands. 

I. Loved. Animals. 

"I'll take my leave," Connor said, dipping his head before walking out of the stable. 

"Good afternoon your Highness," an old man said, bowing slightly. He had greying hair but with warm, welcoming eyes. He reminded me of my uncle. 

"Hello James, this is Aspen."