𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16 - 𝓡𝓾𝓵𝓮𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴

Hey party people! 

I hope you guys are doing well :). 

Here's another uppy-daty 🥰

Third Person's POV

Nearly two months had passed since Aspen landed in London. 

The same routine. Get up, do paperwork, attend an online meeting, go for a walk, visit the observatory, sleep. 7 days a week. 

She had no friends aside from Connor and Maria. 

Dinners were boring and lonely.

The giant dining hall was always empty, only one of the 21 seats occupied by Aspen herself.

Wi-fi was plenty, but only certain information was available. Everything was controlled by national media. 

Even YouTube.

"What the hell? I can't even find a cooking video!" Aspen exclaimed, throwing her laptop onto the bed. 

She sighed, staring at the picture sitting on her side table.

Her mother holding her, dressed in a yellow sundress. Her father stood behind her, looking down at a young Aspen who reached up towards his face.

"Fuck," she muttered, shaking her head and looking away.

Trying to get her mind off of things, she grabbed her phone to call Katia.  Aspen's best friend was always busy as well, rarely ever picking up her calls. She didn't blame her though, a lot of the work that Aspen usually took care of was transferred over to Katia.

She furrowed her brows as she noticed several messages from Katia herself. 

Katia: you're ugly ass better pick up the phone 
Katia: Assssspennnn, are you alive?

Katia: BTCH PICK UP 

Katia: I ducking swear to God, are you ok???

Katia: *fucking

Aspen was even more confused when she noticed her service wasn't working anymore. 

Opening the door to her room, she made her way towards Connor's room. 

She was about to knock when the door swung open. 

"Just ma- what are you doing here?"

"Uh, I sorta live here now," Aspen replied, rolling her eyes. 

"No I mea-"

"I know what you mean. Mind telling me why my messages are blowing up and I don't have service anymore?"

Everest sighed, running a hand down his face. 

"You take care of this," he called to Connor, brushing past Aspen. 

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" I demanded, hurrying after him. 

"Make sure the Palace is secure, and get her into the safe room," Everest ordered, glancing back at Aspen. 

Yeah, as if I'm not standing right here. 

Everest clenched his jaw as he stormed towards the front patio. Peeking through the translucent curtains, he shook his head in anger. 

A crowd had formed outside the gates, smoke obscuring part of the view. 

Not this again. 

"Get rid of them," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

Everest moved to walk away from the window when he spotted a figure walking towards the gates below.