Chapter 31- Purple

Hola munchkins! Hope you're all doing well. 

Aspen's POV

"Stop fidgeting with it, you look fine," Katia scolded as I ran a hand through my hair again. 

"Sorry, I'm just debating. Do I regret it? Or is it lowkey kind of nice?"

"It looks amazing, you can really pull off short hair."

"Thanks," I grinned, tucking the shoulder length piece of hair behind my shoulder. 

"I've got a meeting with Ev and then I should be free for dinner."

"You mean his Majesty King Everest," Katia teased, wiggling her brows at me. 

"Same difference," I huffed, feeling my cheeks heat up. 

"Aspen!" I heard Connor call my name from the hallway. 

"Coming!"

"Oh gosh, can't catch a break," I sighed, sending Katia an apologetic look. 

"The grind never stops sis, go get 'em," she grinned, immediately making me feel more motivated. 

I opened the door just as Connor came up to my room, ready to hammer the life out of my door. 

"Save your knocking for Everest's door, please," I smirked at his crestfallen expression. 

"Meanie," he huffed. 

"Your hair!" a voice shrieked, nearly making me jump. 

"That bad, huh?" I winced, turning to look at Zoe. 

"Wha- no! It looks really nice on you," she said. 

"Oh, thanks. It's probably crooked as fuck from the back but whatever."

"Wow, you look good with long hair and short hair," she complimented and I smiled, not really knowing what to say. 

"Thanks. Let's not keep Ev waiting any longer, he'll lose his mind."

"Don't jinx it," Connor muttered. 

I didn't bother knocking on the door, swinging it open. 

"I have arrived," I announced with a dramatic pause in the doorway. 

"For fucks sake, do you lot not know how to knock?" he sighed in exasperation. 

"Have no fear, Aspen is here!" Connor cheered, earning a disgruntled look from Everest. 

"Why are you two here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at Connor and Zoe. 

"I assumed my presence was a must, if not I can leave. There's cake in the kitchen and it's been calling my name since 7 in the morning," Connor said. 

"Leave."

He stared expectantly at his sister who lingered in the doorway. 

"Both of you."

"I was wondering if I could speak to Aspen," Zoe hesitated. 

"After, I need to get this done before dinner," Everest waved his hand. 

Zoe opened her mouth to protest but sighed, pulling the door shut on her way out. 

I gave Everest a "what-was-that-about" look as I sat down. 

"She's been having some stupid crush and won't shut up about it. She probably wants to ask you for advice," he muttered. 

I snorted in amusement.