Chapter 32 - Say it

Aspen's POV

There was a sudden wave of dizziness that came over me as I stood in front of the Palace gates. My phone clutched tightly in my hand, now a useless hunk of metal. 

Everest was already boarding the plane by now as the clocked neared the 6 hour mark. 

The best thing I could do was send Connor a frantic text telling him that Katia was missing, followed by texts telling him to lay low and be careful. 

My heart was racing and for the first time in a long time, I found myself unable to think straight. 

Katia. 

My best friend, my other half, my sister. 

She was gone. 

Any person with logic would've thought to check the entire Palace through and through before coming to a conclusion. 

But I knew. I knew she was gone. 

As I stormed back to the Palace, he came to stand in front of me. 

"Where did you take her?" I spat, anger burning in my veins. 

" The other American? She's safe, don't worry about her," his father said, a smirk crossing his face. 

His beady eyes gleamed with something wicked. 

"Liam, what's going on here?"

He spun around to face the Queen. Her tone was sharp as she glared at him, a daring look on her face. 

"Just having a quick chat with Miss Hill," he smiled, his tone honey sweet. 

"Do you know where she is?" I blurted, desperate for some form of information. 

"Who? Has someone gone missing?" she asked suddenly, pinning her husband with a murderous look. 

"Katia, she's gone. And I know damn well he's got something to do with it," I spat, pointing my finger at the former King. 

"You seem to like stirring up trouble," Liam mused, walking in a circle around me. 

The atmosphere in the room suddenly changed. 

The air sparked with tension as a dozen guards entered the throne room. 

Queen Anastasia tried to mask her surprise, but I saw it. 

"Bring them," he ordered and the guards rushed towards us. 

"Let me go! I am your Queen, you report to me not him," she snapped, struggling against her captors hold. 

I tried to wiggle free, but I knew it was useless. 

The guards dragged us through the halls of the Palace before stopping in front of a large door. 

I had never been inside this room before, it was always bolted shut. 

The heavy door squeaked open to reveal a round table. 

Filled with high ranking officials. 

Traitors. 

"What is this?" the Queen hissed, glaring at the members in the room. 

"You think you know everything, it's pathetic really. Another reason why bitches shouldn't be in a position of power."

"Say that again a-"

"You'll what?" he turned to face me. 

"Is this the one?" a man asked. 

"The one?" I repeated, raising a brow.