Chapter 28 - The Big Day

HI MUNCHIES!!! 

Happy Friday!

Y'all are not prepared for this heehee ;)

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. 

(I might update again tomorrow)

I know some of y'all hate third person's POV but it was the only way I could make this chapter work so pls bear with me. 

Third Person's POV

Aspen awoke feeling refreshed after lazing around in bed for the whole day. 

Then it struck her. 

Today was the big day. 

Everest was getting married. The King, was getting married. 

Suddenly, Aspen didn't feel so refreshed. 

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, suddenly wanting to fall back asleep again for hours on end. 

Her phone sat dormant on her side table. Two calls to her mother had gone unanswered followed by an "I'll call you back" text from Katia. 

An unsettling feeling came over her as she climbed out of bed. 

By the time she was ready and dressed, the Palace was already in chaos. 

Maids and assistants scurried from one corner of the palace to another. The doors to the throne room were wide open as last minute preparations were being made. 

Just as she stepped down from the staircase, Zoe magically appeared in front of her. 

"Where've you been?! We have two hours, come quick."

"Sorry what?"

"We need to get ready! I have your dress and don't worry, you're going to look amazing. I promise," she grinned, her eyes sparkling with excitement. 

Aspen blinked, trying to make sense of the hurried words coming out of her mouth. Sometimes English didn't sound like English when the British spoke too fast. 

She was whisked up to the Royal Chambers so Zoe could show her the dress. 

But of course, Zoe was just as troublesome as her brother and demanded that Aspen not see the dress till the end. 

With an hour and a half on the clock, Zoe set to work. 

Everest on the other hand... completely oblivious as he sat in hermit fashion in his room. 

He stared at Aspen who stood before him in the doorway. The usual irritated expression on her face when he didn't understand her point of view. 

The how-stupid-can-he-possibly-be look. 

Suddenly, something changed. 

He felt like he was falling as everything went black. 

In front of him was a lowball glass of amber liquid, taunting him, mocking him. 

The glass shattered and amber liquid splashed everywhere. 

Once again, Aspen stood before him, but now she was smiling. She came closer to him, a flirtatious smile on her lips. Her arms wrapped around his neck making his heart beat faster. 

Her fingers tangled in his hair as Aspen pulled him into a kiss. 

Everest felt his heart soar as her soft lips moved against his. 

Abruptly, she shoved him away, her eyes flickering with betrayal. 

Aspen crumpled to the floor, her expression morphing to one of pain.