𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10 - 𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓼

Hello munchkins!

I hate time skips but I just had to, I couldn't figure out how to move forward without one. 

Please bear with me, everything will be explained in the next few chapters. I promise. You can sue me if it doesn't make sense 😅. 

Third Person's POV

Four years later....

"I have your files for the meeting with the NGO's at 19:00," a short woman dressed in a navy blue pencil skirt and white blouse said, handing the raven haired woman a folder. 

"Thank you Katia. Do I have any meetings before lunch?" she asked, her sharp eyes glancing up at her assistant. 

"Nothing planned, although Andres wanted to meet with you urgently," Katia replied, walking quickly to keep up. 

"Really? I didn't get any notice," the young woman said, her dark painted lips turning into a frown. 

"I just spoke to him on my way here. If you're not busy I think you should go speak to him. He said it was urgent."

"Alright, thank you Katia."

"See you later Aspen," Katia waved, leaving the break room. 

Aspen sighed, settling into a seat by the little water fountain. Pulling out her laptop, she began typing away whilst munching on a sandwich. 

It was better to multitask and get things done while eating lunch. 

She was so engrossed in her work, she didn't notice someone come sit beside her. 

"Nice to see you working so diligently," her mother, Catherine, said in an amused voice. 

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming," Aspen smiled, hugging her mother. 

"I decided to stop by on my way to lunch."

"I'm actually free for another hour, you should grab something," she said, gesturing to the lunch room.

"Good idea."

Aspen waited patiently, absentmindedly scrolling through news articles. 

Just as her mother returned, something caught her eye. 

"Poor people, they just can't catch a break," Catherine said, her eyes skimming over the laptop screen. 

For the second week in a row, protests had erupted in London's city center. More than a hundred people had been arrested and 5 of them sentenced to death. 

Over the past few years, the Royal United Kingdom had worked its way up the ranks to settle at the top of the list. The list of the most dangerous countries.

Great place to be at.   

The first year under King Everest's rule, hundreds of tourists would go missing. Gone. Vanished. Governments scrambled to get their citizens back home safely after the borders closed. Protests every night, people injured, shops and restaurants destroyed. Then, a curfew was enforced which led to hundreds of arrests. 

All diplomatic ties were cut off. 

Everyone underestimated how rich and powerful the Royal Family was. Most people after high trade taxes were enforced, they would give in. 

But the Royals had enough money to keep the country from going into a depression. They had enough to set up mass factories to produce everything they needed. Food, clothes, oil, you name it. They had it.