Epilogue

Omg y'all, it's here 😥

Thank you to everyone who came along with me on this journey. It's been a real hell of a ride.

When I first started this book, I only had two parts of the storyline down. I just started writing and assumed it would come naturally, but that's not exactly how writing works. I learned that the hard way.

Halfway through, I sort of figured out how to go about writing. I can't say it was a smooth ride from there, clearly there's some things that need to be edited and revised.

But I really hope this story has taught you something or given you motivation to do something.

I would love to know your thoughts on what you've taken from reading this story.

As always, I wish you all the best and I hope you stick around for my upcoming books.

Stay safe,

Mia

Third Person's POV

"Aspen! Have you seen my car keys?" Everest called from the bedroom.

"What?"

"Have you seen my keys?!"

"Huh?!" Aspen shouted from the kitchen.

Everest huffed, coming down the stairs two at a time.

"Keys?"

"Left pocket of your jacket," she replied, her attention focused on the stir-fry recipe in front of her.

"Thanks," he smiled, rushing to the closet.

He shook his head, noticing how engrossed Aspen was on her task.

She let out a breath of air every time her baby hairs crossed over her forehead. Biting her lip in concentration, she slowly poured the oil into the wok.

A yelp escaped her lips when the oil began to spatter all over the place.

Everest quickly rushed to her side, turning down the heat.

"Thanks," she smiled sheepishly, rubbing her arm where the hot oil had hit.

"Don't do anything stupid," he teased, kissing her head before slipping on his shoes.

"Follow your own advice first mister," she narrowed her eyes.

"Where are you off to?"

"Connor had some work he wanted help with so I'll be over at his place."

"Lunch?"

"Sorry darling, I'll be home for dinner though."

Aspen pouted but nodded with a sigh.

"Alright, I've got to get going. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

With that, the front door shut leaving the house in silence.

Aspen sighed, pushing the hair out of her face and sat down on the barstool.

Her eyes flickered over to the picture hanging against the wall over the fireplace.

Everest dressed in his royal attire looked devilishly handsome as he stood beside Aspen. A crown sat lopsided on his messy head of hair.

Aspen stood with a content smile on her face, a glittering crown resting on her own head. Its jewels caught in the light creating stunning sparkles for the photo. Her long hair done nicely in an elegant updo gave the crown the spotlight it needed.