Chapter 33 - KitKat

Hi munchkins!

The past few days have been hectic as hell 😣

I hope you guys are doing well.

I saw the most insane sunset this evening and I thought I would share 🥰^

Happy reading!

Everest's POV

"She's not responding."

"What do you mean?"

"Her phone must be turned off, the messages are delivered but they haven't been read yet," Connor said.

"She must be busy, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? What could she possibly be doing at 6 in the evening?"

"Maybe she's spending time with her friend, Katia," I shrugged, pulling my own phone out as Connor continued to scrutinized Aspen's jumbled texts.

Both of our phone had been on airplane mode until now and suddenly, my phone was flooded with notifications.

My heart dropped when I noticed over half of them were from Aspen.

"Fuck," I muttered, catching Connors attention.

"What?"

"She called me 7 times when we got on the plane."

"That's not good," he muttered.

"Call her back."

I pressed her number, waiting for it to ring. To my surprise, it didn't ring at all and went straight to voicemail.

"What do we do?" Connor asked, a crease appearing between his brows.

"I don't kn-"

My phone suddenly started ringing again and I eagerly glanced at the screen.

Zoe.

"Hello?"

"Ev? Oh thank God, you need to help me. I don't know what to do, they're everywhere and they've taken them and I don't know what's happening an-"

"Woah, slow down. I can't understand what your saying if you speak so fast. Who's everywhere and who's taken?"

"The guards," she whispered and I could hear the fear in her voice. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Which guards Zoe? The Palace guards?"

"No, his guards."

"You're not making any sense," I huffed, frustrated.

"Father's guards," she hissed, her voice now a whisper.

"They have mum and Aspen in a room, I don't know what's happening."

I shared a look with Connor who's eyes were wide.

"Shit, I hear someone coming."

"Hide," I said urgently, the sound of shuffling coming from the phone.

"Oh God," I heard her breathe.

"What? What's happening? Is everything okay?"

"Th-they're taking them away somewhere. Fuck I can't see from here, I'm going to follow them."

"No! Stay where you are."

There was a long period of silence from her side making my heart race faster.

"Ev," I heard Zoe say breathlessly, the tone of her voice making my blood run cold.

"Zoe, talk to me. What's going on?"