Chapter 42 - Puzzle Pieces

Helllooooo my little munchkins!

I'm gonna cry - I need to stop getting so attached to my books smh. I'm so sad but this book is coming to an end 😞. 

But don't forget the spin off to DWTBB is premiering tomorrowwwww! So that's one thing to look forward to. 

I have that book and another one in the works so I hope you all stick around to read those as well. 

Thank you for your endless support, you have no idea how much it means to me ❤❤❤

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

Third Person's POV

Aspen laughed making Everest crack a smile. Her laughter made him feel at ease. 

She was the best thing that ever happened to him. 

Feeling his gaze, she looked up at him. Her eyes shined with happiness, almost mirroring his own emotions. 

Except Everest's eyes reflected how proud he was of Aspen. 

Her right hand held a bouquet of flowers, a single magenta flower peeking out in between the pale pink. Everest held her left hand tightly as they walked out of Tarlington Abbey. 

The crowed outside cheered, whistles and shouts congratulating the new Queen. 

Everest let go of her hand, slowing to a stop. Aspen gave him a questioning look but he gave her a reassuring look. He waited for her to walk first before following after her. 

It was her day after all. 

Aspen's heart warmed at the gesture. The King always went first. No matter what. 

But this was an exception. 

She waved to the crowd, her heart drumming in her chest. A familiar head of blonde hair caught her attention as the little girl pushed through the crowd. 

When she finally reached the gates, Aspen smiled taking the red roses from her small hands. 

"Thank you, Miss Hope."

Hope stared up at the Queen, her eyes wide in awe as she recognized her. Aspen winked, holding a finger to her lips. 

A few moments later, she joined Everest on the rostrum overlooking the crowd. His hand searched for hers behind their backs. She held his hand tightly, a sign of comfort that he was there. 

Her free hand reached up, fiddling with the necklace dangling against her chest. The necklace that belonged to her best friend who was no doubt, proudly looking down at her. 

He cleared his throat before stepping closer to the microphone. 

"Before I begin, I would like to say that the Queen and I are committed to bringing change and creating a better future for the people. To start what is sure to be a long and challenging journey, we would like to unveil a new constitution. This constitution will return full rights and liberties back to the people and will strip the Royal family of our power.  This will be a step towards democracy and peace in our country."

Everest tried his best to remain professional and not grin like a clown as the crowd voiced their happiness. 

They were pleased with the actions after years of unrest. Everyone quieted down as he lowered the microphone for the Queen and took a step back before she took his place. 

"We would like to move forward by implementing a few more changes. Sir Connor Daniels, would you please step forward," Aspen said, turning to look at Connor.